Author Topic: Thanks to All, Did I Really Do That and Errant Run Record(s)  (Read 4346 times)

Offline MiltonP

Thanks to All, Did I Really Do That and Errant Run Record(s)
« on: October 27, 2008, 11:01:56 PM »
First of all, thanks to everyone for the great work they do and for making me feel welcome as a new participant this season.  I am looking forward to a safe and prosperous season in 2009 for everyone involved in LSR.  Yes, the Miata will be back as the pits would be much too quiet place without my engine roaring!  Yes I heard those ...' Miata firing its engine up' comments up by registration!   :-D

Did I really do that?  My third run on Sunday produced an error slip with a speed of 4.44340 for run #163 followed up by the announced run, #164, with a speed of 111.11111 :-o  Did i really pull off a run of all 1's or did some 'timing angel' have a little fun based on my previous runs in that neighborhood?  Anyone else ever had that speed?  Are you shooting for 222.22222 and then 333.33333 next?

Finally, the errant run, #163, of 4.44304 is in the October spreadsheet as is a errant run in June, # 83, for car number 0000 but attributed to me as a driver.  No big deal but I thought I saw a post asking us to point out errors so there you go.  Have a great off-season folks.  Time to feed the mice and make the Miata faster!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Thanks to All, Did I Really Do That and Errant Run Record(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 12:13:15 PM »
I was at Maxton and when Trillium Muir went through the lights (her fastest speed ever at that time) she was rewarded with a timing slip of 222.2222 so I asked for a few extra's to present her with..she has since run 239+ mph I believe  :cheers:

equimania

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 07:33:23 PM »
Documentary evidence.

Mark
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:35:05 PM by equimania »

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 11:21:53 PM »
Here are my slips.  I am assuming the backup system is on a different pc/system as the start times are close but not the same.  Pretty cool, note the trap time is half of Trilliums 222.22222 run as it should be!

Using attach function ... not sure how to insert pics here!

LittleLiner

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 12:00:05 AM »
Judging from your other runs (I peaked at the meet results spreadsheet) 111.11111 seems to be right in the ball park with most of your other times.  Just cause it's all ones doesn't mean it's wrong . . . :-D

Looks like you need to get a bigger whip if you hope to catch Mike McGill.  You know there's gotta be another 15 mph in your zoom zoom mobile.  Nitrous maybe?

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 12:26:01 AM »
N2O would put me in a different class so I had better do it the old fashioned way.  Time to check the compression and see if the bottom half warrants investing work on the upper half.  I can't afford to pull the engine and do the bottom right now.Plenty of things still to do out there.  Replace the ecu, add a wideband ecu, pull the restrictive afm and tune.  Big bucks could get a IRTB setup.  5th gear just plain stinks but I recently heard about a replacement gear the touring racers use.   Could hurt overall top-end but I need to accelerate better in 5th to get there anyways....

Offline MiltonP

Am I Spiritually Connected to Trillium Now?
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 12:29:06 AM »
With my 111.11111 and her 222.22222 does that make her twice the man I am or me half the woman she is?   :-o  How is that for a thought headed into off-season!  :cheers:

equimania

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 12:57:59 AM »
With my 111.11111 and her 222.22222 does that make her twice the man I am or me half the woman she is? 

Yes.

Offline dieselgeek

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 03:33:30 PM »
MiltonP, I know that simple ECU tuning on the Miata engines can net a decent power gain.  I have done a lot with Megasquirt on them, and there's even a plug&play version available, I am betting I could get you a discount on one if you were interested in going that route.   Would be best to spend an hour or two on a chassis dyno afterwards to really dial it in, but if you want hooked up with expertise in that area - let me know,

-scott

Offline MIKE MATY

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 08:27:31 AM »
The reason for your all ones, was the first set of lights had an error so we used the back up system. The back up system give you a time then you do the math calculation to get the speed. I  think the all 111 is somthing with the calculation I cant remember what Joe said for sure. The speed itself should be correct before the decimal point.
ECTA 200MPH CLUB Maxton
A/FRS      205.531
D/FSS      159.427
ECTA 200MPH CLUB Ohio
A/FRS       208.530
2013 Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge Winner