Author Topic: My First Race Season  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
My First Race Season
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:17:39 PM »
Yes it was my first race season in LSR. It has been since 1991 since I raced any type of car or bike. Choosing Land Speed Racing and the ECTA was awesome,,,I could not have asked to be around any finer folks.

I want to thank the entire LSR community, all the folks from the ECTA, the racers, the fans the staff and the volunteers, and a big thanks to all the folks from LandRacing.com (everyone whom I have met and chatted with, such a great group).

Thanks to David and Debbie Pike (FTF Racing)  for building such a cool 35 Ford Coupe that gave me the inspiration to get my car up and done.. Sorry I beat your record,,, Naw I just borrowed it for now !!

I would also like to thank my Family for putting up with my preoccupation with getting the car done and being gone to the track, and the hours , late hours in the shop and on the phone and computer (My wife Cindy, son Justin and daughter Caity)

A big thanks to my Crew Chief  Joe "Nitro Joe" Atwell (even though he left me alone and did not come to the October Meet). My other friends and Helpers at the track. Paul Talmon, Larry Shoaf, Ray Hester, Lewis McMillan. Thanks to Mike Hyatt for the car detail and tire work and Richard Crotts for egging me on..

Thanks to Vic Maguire for stepping in on this past Saturday and helping me. also to Mike, Shane  and Chris Wiles for supplying all the race gas and support at the track yesterday.

Thanks to RodCrafters in Welcome NC, for all the build, paint and body work and support(Larry, Chris, Richard and Nick)

Thanks to Lil Joe for building the 33 chassis for me (Lil Joe's Rod Shop ) Denver NC

Thanks to Nick for the cool Lettering and Numbering the car.

Thanks to Steve Pierce, Pro Biz Signs in Wecome, NC  for the Logo work.

Thanks to Clint Boyer and his Dirt car Team, for helping me with the weighing and balance stuff at his shop.

Thanks to Mike Shoaf for the Art Work for the car logo and Tee shirts design.

Thanks to Deb and Todd Dross for being so helpful and pointing me in the right direction and introducing me around at the track...

And a WOW !! and Great Big Thanks, to Brian Salter (SALTER RACE ENGINES, Winston Salem, NC)  for putting all that SBC horse power in just a 255 cubic inch engine.

I am sure I left off some folks,, so a great big thanks to everyone who helped, supported and put up with me.

Charles
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 06:21:41 PM by Cajun Kid »
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline t russell

Re: My First Race Season
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 08:53:30 PM »
It is great having you there.Cyndia said thanks for letting her set in that (cool coup).
terry

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 10:59:57 PM »
I would love a picture of Cyndia in the Vic!
You're right Terry, Charles is always a welcome sight when seen pulling in the pits  :cheers:
Todd

Offline sakowskimotors

• New folks
    • Sakowski Motors Shop
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 01:14:08 AM »
Your car looked and sounded great!
Congrats.
Wil
www.sakowskimotors.com
BGL / XO
Rod Riders SCTA

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 12:50:26 PM »
Terry,

Anytime man, You should have got a Pic of Cyndia in the pilots seat of the Vicky..

I was laughing seeing that she could not even reach the pedals... LOL

Hope your winter goes well, see you next year.
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com