Author Topic: Sportster/Buell Land Speed Build  (Read 100135 times)

Offline Vinsky

Re: Sportster/Buell Land Speed Build
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:20 AM »
Pete,
I'm with you on the border issue. I look out my window across the Strait and see Victoria, BC. Use to go there often, not so much now.
John
John

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2011, 08:47:32 AM »
I have used many sealers over the years building custom bikes and restoring old bikes. The best one I have found in my experience is from Caswell Plating http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/epoxygas.htm Joe, this is what I used in both tanks on the turbo Buell.
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2012, 11:47:19 AM »
I am on hold with the ZX10 bike for want of my chief fabricator (Son Joe).  He now has 5 kids and between his job and the kids it is hard for him to get over here and work. It can wait until he has time. So I decided to go back to the drag frame for the Bubs meet.  The XB9 engine ran okay at Ohio but wouldnt mile an hour. Fell on its face at 134. Has run consistantly over 150. With over 50 runs on it, I am thinking that the engine is tired. It hasnt been opened up since it was built in 2007.  Nothing amiss inside except a broken exhaust guide. But it might be time for some overhaul.  I sent the heads out to Dan at NRHS for a freshening up and dual plugs.  Will do cast iron barrels, new pistons and rings.