Author Topic: Leg restraints for motorcycle streamliners  (Read 9765 times)

dwarner

Re: Leg restraints for motorcycle streamliners
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »
The stamped aluminum rings will be illegal for 2009 forward. If you have this type of arm/leg restraint please consider changing for the next two El Mirage events.

DW

Offline ack

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 04:51:27 PM »
2 weeks in a hospital is bad enough but 2 weeks with those butchers in lancaster must have been horrible....here is a pix of my arm stuff...i'll try to get a pix in the car next weekend at elmo so you can get an idea of how they attach...so what happened to you? kinda sounds like a seat failure.?....
kent

These are the same Simpson stamped aluminum rings that were on the wrist restraints that broke during Cliff Gullett crash Beware!

I miss spoke they were Diest arm restraints not Simpson.  Don't know how good Simpson are but would not trust any stamped aluminum ring. Strouds are 1/4" forged steel.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:46:56 PM by ack »

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 05:22:56 PM »
hummm..... i didnt know alum was magnetic.!.... well it seems that mine are steel at least....
kent

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 05:24:54 PM »
2 weeks in a hospital is bad enough but 2 weeks with those butchers in lancaster must have been horrible....here is a pix of my arm stuff...i'll try to get a pix in the car next weekend at elmo so you can get an idea of how they attach...so what happened to you? kinda sounds like a seat failure.?....
kent

Kent & Ack thanks for the info.  Kent, It was about 18 years ago in a supper production race at Willow Springs that a bozo decided to go into the pits at the last minute.  When every body checked up I was hit from behind and went into a skid and was not able to scrub enough speed before hitting the wall at pit entrance.  I ended up with a punctured lung, bruised heart and two black eyes from my eyes hitting the sockets from the inside along with a bunch of broken bones.  My leg restraints and seat broke, 5 surgeries later I am glad to be walking. 8-) Lancaster was not as developed as it is today.  :-o
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”