Author Topic: LSR Tires  (Read 4584 times)

Justin

LSR Tires
« on: May 11, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »
I am trying to find front.  I called up M/T and they said that they are no longer making LSR tires.  Does anyone have a suggestion on where to look for tires?  Is a drag car front runner ok?  What are the disadvantages of a front runner if any?

Justin

Re: LSR Tires
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »
Also I am wondering typically how long or how many passes is a tire good for?

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »
Are you planning a I/Gas Coupe or a AA/Blown Fuel Lakester?
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 12:51:00 AM »
Justin, tires (tyres for Eion) are a problem for the very high speed or very heavy (3500 lbs+)cars. Goodyear makes severial "land speed" tires that will fill a lot of classes. All but one is based on the drag race "front runner" mold with extra side wall added. They come in 21.3, 23.1, 24.8, 25.4, & 27.8 inch dia. Max load per tire veries but it is around 1500 lbs per tire. Some folks with small or light cars use the drag race front runners with good results.
 As for the very fast (280+) we are just begining to hear of the problems getting good tires.
 Mike
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »
Justin I wasn't being facicious. It does make a difference. Many coupes,roadsters etc weighing over 3000# have been using their same tires, mostly Goodyear front runners, for many years with out problems. Over a hundred runs. My M&H 24" front tires are over 20 years old. My 28" Firestones are 30.   Care should be taken with all land speed tires. My car is always on jack stands in the garage. All my extra tires are protected from the weather which is the enemy to tires. A driver who cannot recognize wheel spin under acceleration will ruin a tire in a matter of 1 run. Tires are a bigger topic than anything else here. Under 240/250 for cars is normally not a problem yet. But it may come. Fast motorcycle owners talk about it all the time. Lakesters and streamliners have major concerns.  Good Luck J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Justin

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »
Thank you, for the information I am going to be running in A/GCC so this information is very helpful.  I hope to be running at the World Finals this year.  I purchased and am in the process of rebuilding a car.  The tires that where on the car have some weather cracking which made me a little nervous.  I would like to heat more about wheel spin under acceleration.  I appreciate the info on the tires and will contact Goodyear.