Author Topic: Amo-Steele Liner  (Read 59125 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Amo-Steele Liner
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2009, 10:27:22 AM »
Okay, forgive me -- is "AB" a west-coast thing?  What the heck?

West coast?????? not unless the big one hit and nobody put it on TV.... Denver is still in the middle I think..... Jon is not a good drinker... about 1 is his limit or he gets a rejection reaction in a couple of hours.... hence the AB workout... that is stomach muscles to the non exercise crowd.  Use google... look up 6 pack abs... Jon is working on his the hard way... dry heaves
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2009, 10:42:02 AM »
Sounds like a new DVD series!  6 Hour Ads...

"Do you have a Christmas belly?  Do you need to slim up to fit into that 3 size smaller firesuit or leathers?  Well, '6 hour Ads' is for you!  For a limited time offer, you can get all one of these 15 minute DVDs for just three easy installments of $19.95!  Call now, and we'll throw in a great drinking game book at no additional charge!...."

:cheers:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 10:50:14 AM by Calkins »
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2009, 10:58:14 AM »
Okay, okay.  Abs I've heard of (in the fitness discussion).  But -- I didn't know Jon was "not a good drinker".  I've seen him drink and he didn't dribble much or spill when tilting the glass.

Now I get the point of the joke.  Wow, the things I've forgot in the past 5 and a half years.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tom Bryant

• http://www.bryantauto.com
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2009, 11:25:25 AM »
Jon,

I enjoyed reading the discussion. Talked to you on the salt shortly after you purchased the streamliner. Good pictures...Your wife is pregnant? That will keep her out of the car? Hope not! Hope to see you on the salt...good luck with the race car.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC
I don't understand..."It won't work!"

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC
 - LSR since 1955 - www.bryantauto.com

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »
Sounds like a new DVD series!  6 Hour Ads...

"Do you have a Christmas belly?  Do you need to slim up to fit into that 3 size smaller firesuit or leathers?  Well, '6 hour Ads' is for you!  For a limited time offer, you can get all one of these 15 minute DVDs for just three easy installments of $19.95!  Call now, and we'll throw in a great drinking game book at no additional charge!...."

:cheers:

I don't care who you are, that's some funny sh...stuff there!!  lol lol lol

lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

landracing

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »
Jon,

I enjoyed reading the discussion. Talked to you on the salt shortly after you purchased the streamliner. Good pictures...Your wife is pregnant? That will keep her out of the car? Hope not! Hope to see you on the salt...good luck with the race car.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC

Yeah she is. She was sapposed to be one of the drivers at Speedweek, but we got a little hickup since that plan... We call him Alien BOB for right now... We find out the she or he thing in a week. I Told here she should still do it anyways.. Get some media hype 7 months prego and racing cars,, would that mean "Alien BOB" could get a red hat at the same time????

JonAmo

landracing

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2009, 01:14:22 PM »
Now onto the hub adapters. Since we don't know the power output of the engine for sure, We found a loaded dyno to get the streamliner on without having to pull the motor. But their adapters were not big enough to fit on the 5 bolt 7" bolt pattern. So Stainless went to work on designing some adapters to bolt on and make it a more acceptable pattern for the dyno guys. so here they are.

JonAmo
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:17:57 PM by landracing »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »
Congratulations to Keilani and you, Jon.  Sure hope Alien BOB takes after her side of the family. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline AJR192

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2009, 09:12:49 PM »
You are naming him Bob? Is that a tribute to Stainless????????

landracing

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2009, 09:35:59 PM »
NO actually it was from the animated pictures "Monsters VS Aliens"  flic and there was a Alien named BOB.... And so be it from there...

If I were to name it after Stainless it would be "Quit feeding my freakin dogs people food, BOB"

When we are at dinner table both Keilani and I are chopped liver and Stainless has one dog on each side of him, swarming like a pack of sharks... They know who the sucker is...

JonAmo
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:37:40 PM by landracing »

Online interested bystander

« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2009, 10:45:02 PM »
Jon, the explanation of your new arrival's naming is kinda like Bonneville pickup racer Jim Price's statement to (now the late) Ed Rannberg and myself YEARS ago.

"We named our daughter Sandy, after Little Orphan Annie's dog!

Congratulations, DAD. (Mom, too - she did the hard work).

5 mph in pit area (clothed)

landracing

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2009, 04:24:48 AM »
Not a dad yet, that will be sometime late October I hope.... maybe just in time to make the World Finals and come back for the big event. But if it delivers while im at World Finals then Ill just half to give up racing the rest of my life.... Decisions decisions...

JonAmo

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2009, 09:14:27 AM »
If you name the baby Bob, at least spell it back-ward to differentiate from the other Bobs. :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2009, 09:48:53 AM »
 at least spell it back-ward to differentiate from the other Bobs.

NO NO NO  s'dod  much TO dyslectic
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2009, 10:11:16 AM »
Before my little girl was born, my stepdaughter was three years old and pointed to my then-wife's belly and said "Emily Bob Car-Keys."  Well, we tried to tell her that Bob was a boys name and that this was here sister, not brother.  The name suck, and Emily Rose (Bob) Calkins was joyfully born.

I think my BOB is an alien sometimes!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 10:14:28 AM by Calkins »
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA