Author Topic: Rule books  (Read 11110 times)

Offline RICK

Re: Rule books
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »
Called SCTA again yesterday, She found my name on the list, "Should be going out this week".
  I found my cancled check from Jan. This is June. I used my calculator, Yep-- thats six months, still no rule book!

Three most told.......
 Checks in the mail.
 I'll call you tomarrow.
 Your rule book is......
It's not over, it's just harder.

Offline yamagamma

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »
Got mine June 1st!!! Unfortunately they decided to drastically change the MPS motorcycle fairing rules making the bodywork I have been building for the last 6 months illegal!! My sponsor is livid. He said - "What type of organization gives racers just six weeks to comply with drastic rule changes. Surely major changes like this should be proposed at least a year in advance?" SCTA needs to address this important issue.This situation is a joke!
Never underestimate an old guy on a Yamaha!

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »
yamagamma, could you give a quick synopsis of the MPS fairing change? I hadn't even heard rumors of a change.
 Thanks!
 Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

colfaxrichard

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »
I gave up!
 I am going to the September 6-10 race with bucks involved.
 Oh Yea! Rule book is on line....free
 www.speedtrialsbybub.com

colfaxrichard

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »
Don Harris,
 I know you are out there!
 Howard Allen has the old bike!
 Leave me a message.

Offline yamagamma

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »
Deb, The new MPS rule reads "no part of the fairing ahead of the front axle may be lower than the top of the front rim at the axle centerline, or be forward of the front edge of the rim"
 This replaces "there must be no streamlining forward of the front edge of the front rim" which has been in the book for many years. The new rule basically makes anyone running charlie toy style bodywork mounted forward and level with the front rim as per the old rule- illegal, as it will cover the front rim forward of the axle. I think that affects quite a number of bikes who run Airtech bodies.
Never underestimate an old guy on a Yamaha!

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »
can someone explain to this dumb arse aussie why the powers to be over there seem intent on making bikes slower ( so it seems to me with the partial streamlining  rules ) excuse me for thinking that the whole aim of LSR is to increase speeds ,( ultimatly each racer is responsible for what ever actions they make and know that even with the most strict safety rules sometimes S**T  happens)  is it a bias against bikes , is it some perception that bikes are to fast and unsafe , is it a fear that if there is a fatal or serious accident that it will effect the public liability insurance ( why I ask is that is the thinking of some car racers over here and they are worried that it could end LSR in Aus if this were to happen ) , or is this train of thought way off track ?  I have drafted some new rules for  special construction classes ( bikes for DLRA ) and if passed will allow almost unlimmited aero designs  along with stricter safety conciderations
 Gary ( hawkwind racing)
slower than most

Offline Cword

• http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mdsiewer
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »
Yippee!
 I was the lucky recipient of an intact tube yesterday!
 Got worried when dad's arrived last week capless, he's happy to have a poster though.

mike
Mike Siewert
North of 49 Crew
 1149 B/STR