Author Topic: el mirage points system?  (Read 4824 times)

rdugan

el mirage points system?
« on: April 08, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »
can anyone explain how the points system at el mirage works?  i assume it's some formula based on new record speed vs. previous record speed, but no one has ever been able to tell me exactly what it is...

i've occasionally wondered why this isn't explained in the rulebook... maybe one of our SCTA official co-listers could bring that up at the appropriate meeting?

thanks,
 rd

Offline jimmy six

Re: el mirage points system?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »
The rulebook is for BNI members and since the running at El Mirage has nothing to do with Bonneville it's not there (just the rules are the same except for the exceptions which are listed in the El Mirage rules in Section 10).  Actually the El Mirage Records were not always in the rule book.  The way the points are accrued are in the "El Mirage Procedures" just like the lineup and other things which only apply to El Mirage. When you joined your SCTA Club a copy should have been given to you (if your Club cares enough to do it). They are also available at the Registration trailer at El Mirage.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline RichFox

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »
More or less 2 points for every percentage point of the existing record or minimum yoe run. 25 points for a new record and one point for eithereach percentage point or each mph over the record. Aparently if you run over the minimum but some one else runs more over it later in the day, you recieve 200 points.

rdugan

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »
ok, i'll ask at the trailers in may.  but if someone wanted to explain it in the meantime, that would be cool too...

rdugan

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »
sorry rich didn't see your post before i pulled the trigger...