Author Topic: 4" exhuast exit location questions  (Read 2816 times)

Offline biglady112

4" exhuast exit location questions
« on: October 01, 2008, 01:42:19 AM »
When the new turbo goes on, I am looking to go with a 4 inch exhuast. I was informed that the exhuast needs to clear the front tire(s) and clear the driver for SCTA. As in be behind the tire(s) and driver. For NHRA it is legal for me to exit out the front bumper or fender as long as it clears the tire. Usually 2-4" from the body line of the car.

How does this work as far as SCTA is concerned? I know in texas I can pass tech with it going in front of the tire. I asked while we where there.

Thank you.

Steven
1947 Dodge Pickup

Offline GH

Re: 4" exhuast exit location questions
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:20:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure the rule book says you can exit anywhere except through the hood. Mine exits through both front fenders just behind the front wheels.

Offline biglady112

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 09:50:58 AM »
From what I was told that is fine as well. However, with my chassis, that is not an option. But I have more than enough room to go in front of the tires. That is what I am trying to figure out.

Steven
1947 Dodge Pickup

Offline panic

• My tech papers
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:13:23 PM »
Remember that it need not be a tube; a 5" OD pipe can be formed into a rectangle as flat as 2.25" × 5.60" (with 3/8" radiused corners) and still have the same area as your 4", anything thicker has more area.