Author Topic: Engine Seal.  (Read 7335 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Engine Seal.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 12:24:37 AM »
Dan, are u saying a hole in the head is better than a hole on the lower end?

That's sinister. I just had a prostate procedure and now I find out that getting my ears cleaned is more to your liking.

WOW !!

FREUD
Since '63

dwarner

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 12:06:15 AM »
Doc,

Always speak clearly before going under the knife. Look after Joanie on Saturday. If we have any better weather than today I may just stay here. I think 30 more hours and I will have Wendover residency. I vote for Hooters to be built on the piece of ground across the street from the Smith's market.

DW

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 10:23:25 AM »
After working for Dan a few years I can only tell you what I like to see. Something easy! If you were able to get it measured before the meet have the seal where it can be seen and checked. On some pans it is hard to see.

If you have an aluminum block engine with fairly easily removable sleeves like a JP-1 or KB, I like a pan seal. My personal engine is sealed on the timing cover. I can take the head off and the pan for inspection but not get the crank out. This won't work on every engine but it is a way to do it and see the seal easily on some of them. 

Seal or no seal the SCTA retains the right to inspect the record setting engine. If a person is suspected of not being truthful an engine can be torn down and "parts" inspected.

When using the pump I like to pick the cylinder. I don't know where the small one is you do...... :evil: JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Freud

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 11:19:38 AM »
Is your proposed Hooters site close to the free medical clinic?

FREUD
Since '63