Author Topic: FRCP Team hits cyber space  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Uncle Jimbo

FRCP Team hits cyber space
« on: November 01, 2008, 06:08:27 PM »

Bonneville  Stories  …   consist of  a series of interviews and images that showcase  the interesting, dedicated and brave characters that make up the land speed racing community.  This installment of ‘Bonneville Stories’ concentrates on FRCP Racing. A group of friends from Chico California running a blown 1974 Harley named Young Sporty – Filmed at Bub Motorcycle Speed Trials Bonneville Salt Flats. Just watch! 
More to come as brother Lou gets them done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ufdnfR9yg

A supercharged Iron Head Sportster, you gotta love it.   :cheers:

Have fun, be safe
Jimbo
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline Scooter

Re: FRCP Team hits cyber space
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:24:28 PM »
Great Video.

Scooter
www.scootershoots.com

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »
Hey Scooter - Your pictures are phenomenal. We just got a couple in the mail and the silver technique you have is very cool. High res, and super clear. I'd like to give you brother Lou's contact info -loufischer@thynk.com
You two should do some "networking", i think you call it.
Have fun and thanks again for posting your pictures.

Jimbo
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline Scooter

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »
Uncle Jimbo,
Thanks so much for the kind words about your photos and I am REALLY glad you are happy with them, the metallic finish is new this year and has been REALLY well recieved ... but if you like those you are really going to like the book. I created a book from the BUB event. 118 pages, 260 images (and yes your pic is in the book). 8X10, hard cover with a dust jacket. I just ordered the first copy so that I could proof it and it should be available in a week or 10 days. I hope to do a book every year as a photo-record of the event.
It has images of many bikes at speed on the Salt (couldn't get everyone in, trying to shoot two tracks at the same time and space available in the book) Pics of the pits, and 6 pages of pics from the banquet.
In addition to the images I have also listed the sponsors and all the AMA records that were set. FIM numbers won't be certified for another month or more and I couldn't wait.
For teams or sponsors wanting 10 or more copies, not only do they get a discount but I will make them a special cover with an image of their bike on the cover (the inside of the book will always be the same no matter who is on the cover).
Also, HALF the profits will be donated to SAVE THE SALT !!!
I will post here when the book is made available to the public with a link to the site where they can be purchased.
Below is the standard cover
Please spread the word. Years from now we will be glad we have these.
Thanks
Scooter
www.scootershoots.com

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 04:14:55 PM by Scooter »