Author Topic: Four engine liner...  (Read 12332 times)

Offline problem child

• New folks
Re: Four engine liner...
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 01:01:41 AM »
Gary,
Your car is SOOO neat!! Really keep us informed on how you do. A couple of suggestions, if the max length is 36 inches add 6 inches on to the rear of the car with less of an angle it will make your car much more aero, it is the back that counts not the front. Also give it a nice coat of bondo and sand the surface real smooth then paint, much better than the rough carbon fiber finish.

Great looking piece!!!

Rex

Hey Rex!!!! I live at Piner and Fulton!!!!!!! I drive a maroon '51 Ford woodie wagon. maybe you've seen it. Let's get in touch. I'd love to help you get your car done and live my Bonneville dream vicariously through you! LOL!!

The idea of the body was to have a nice smooth carbon fiber surface but something didn't work out. I felt really rushed to get it in the vaccuum bag and then it took forever to harden! The next one will be much better.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 01:08:23 AM »
Cool toy...

Offline problem child

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 01:33:49 AM »
Thanks John...I have to remind myself every now and then that it IS just a toy and not get toooooo serious.

Rex, this car was more of a "can I do it?" challenge than anything. For speed running it's way too big, way too heavy and just generally way too complicated. I am planning a twin engine open wheel lakester for next year with very pointy front and rear. It should weigh in the area of five pounds rather than twelve and will have about one third of the frontal area of this one. The engines will be turned around so the exhaust goes directly out the rear. I'll do a build diary on it when I get started.

Gary O

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 12:09:30 AM »
Gary,
I got your private note before I read the forum again. Fulton and Piner! I live off of Wood Road! Close. I'll call you on Monday! I have a little 29 track roadster that you may have seen around.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline problem child

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 05:04:38 AM »
It's 2 am and I just returned from Rockingham.....what a meet. Although I missed my 100 mph mark I did set a new record at 93 and change, but that was after going sideways, smacking the wall and then taking out the timing lights so I'm gonna say I made it.

The highlight of the meet though was Nic Case showing up with his new streamliner and first running 155 mph (yes, REAL mph!) on his own 134 record and then changing the gearing to finally run 161.67!!!!

The videos will be on line shortly and I'll get you a link.

Offline aircap

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 10:57:31 AM »
How did I miss this thread? That car is Slick with a capital S. Hope your project gets zoomier!
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

LVMAXX

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 11:11:51 AM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:49:49 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline panic

• My tech papers
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 12:16:50 PM »
Use periscope boxes for the photocells.

Offline problem child

• New folks
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 10:16:03 PM »
Thanks aircap. I was going to start on a smaller lighter car for next year but I think I'll get this one into the 120's first.

This is the video of me taking out the lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LI6TMXH4pE

Look at the rest of Derek 3001's videos for more action during the day, including Nic Case's 155 and 161 mph runs.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 10:19:44 PM by problem child »

Offline problem child

• New folks
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 12:46:47 AM »
I just got this video sent to me...in the traps. Its only on three engines but you get the idea...if ANYBODY gets the idea you guys do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaAJCkdKmKc