Author Topic: We just lost Dave Owen. RIP my friend  (Read 32793 times)

Offline Sam Green

Re: We just lost Dave Owen. RIP my friend
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2008, 07:33:17 PM »
Thanks John, I don't use the pub chat forum that much, still very sad none the less.

Sam. :-(
175cc Woodbridge Mile record holder 118.3mph

Offline Commuta_Busa

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2008, 08:57:22 AM »
God speed DaveO

I'll miss you alot and cherish being able to call you a friend. Thank you for everything you've done. It's been a few days now and I'm still not able to put in words the sorrow I feel over this. My prayers go out to his family. It's very difficult dealing with such a tragic event and hope everyone will help the Owen's family as much if not more than Dave helped all of us.

Ken "Commuta_Busa" Klein

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »
Unfortunately we are having this discussion again this year.   Looks like the big guy is still interested in LSR.
As was said before, we don't get to choose how and when we leave this world, just how we live in it.  You can only live your life the way you want and do the things you want to do.  Seems Dave lived it, enjoyed it and spread that joy to family and friends. 
Getting it right is not easy Josh, but your dad got it right. 
I only talked with him briefly at speedweek, but I was very interested in the things he was doing with factory brain tuning.  Smart guy, he will be missed by everyone.
God Speed Dave

Stainless,
I just wanted to thank you for this post. Todd and I read it before making our way back out to the track on Sunday. The way things worked out we both ended up wearing your team shirts that day. We have the obligatory pictures which I think you'll like. I'll post them once we get them off of the camera. They were taken at the end of the day when racing was done for the meet. Todd made three successful passes. With the first he set a record, with the second and third we filmed once pointed forward & once pointing rearward. That was the entire goal for the meet and all we could muster. The reason I'm posting this here is that I'm going to publically be a sentimental sap (which I normally don't do) and tell you that having and wearing your shirt was a blessing to me that day. Every time I looked down at it I remembered what you wrote and it was like getting a big hug from you right at the moment that I needed it. So thank you for being there for me even when you didn't know you were doing it.
Debbie

dangit..... 
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2008, 06:55:17 PM »
I'm a car guy, and relatively new to LSR, but as a volunteer at the track I had many conversations and lots of interaction with Dave.  He was always helpful, friendly, and understanding, especially to us volunteers.  Even more impressive was his willingness to pass along his extraordinary knowledge to any and all at the track.  When I have worked staging, many is the time I had seen him passing along suggestions for everything from riding technique to tuning tips to anyone who expressed an interest, and the smart racers were definitely interested.  More impressive yet, he clearly had watched the others and had a pretty good idea of what might help.

As Keith said, we really don't have enough information yet to know exactly what happened, but he tells me that ECTA officials will let us all know as we have the facts.

We will always miss him
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline TURBO KING

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2008, 07:02:27 PM »
Well said.  Thanks for your thoughts, Dan.

As you stated, he had valuable input on everything from tuning to riding.  He is a resource that can not be replaced.

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard P, DaveO, Rick S

Offline smcleod007

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2008, 11:08:28 PM »
Rest in peace Dave and thanks for all your help these last 2 years. Your the most talented engine guy I've ever met.

Scott

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 01:46:42 AM »
Rest in peace Dave and thanks for all your help these last 2 years. Your the most talented engine guy I've ever met.

Scott

Amen Scott!!

J

Dave had an unbelievable understanding of all related functions with regards from electrical to mechanical and was a great person as well..

I miss him already... :|

J