Author Topic: Density/altitude  (Read 8394 times)

Offline panic

• My tech papers
Density/altitude
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:26:47 AM »
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:33:43 PM by panic »

McRat

Re: Density/altitude
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 11:35:19 AM »
Thanks!

Yup, that info is critical for best performance.

We showed up last year at an event at Bandimere in Colorado to run against trucks all over North America.

When the smoke cleared, we were ready for the 11,000' DA that was present (103deg F at ~5500' and humid) and they weren't.  Half the entries couldn't even spool their turbos, so we went home with the hardware.  Turbo selection and tuning must be changed based on DA for our application.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 01:01:05 AM »
I attribute my efi as a major factor of my success----B'ville is all about repeatability!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Kat

• Duramax Diesels
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 01:30:02 AM »
Needless to say, you're fighting with one hand behind your back if you don't have this info to tune with.
What to do when it's a long trip, and you want to get as close as possible but don't know what the local conditions will be?

Try this, it inputs altitude and weather conditions when you select the date and time: http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

I just thanked them, and asked if they would be so kind as to add Wendover, El Mirage and Maxton to the drop-down list.

Until they update it.  You can always use http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=wendover%20ut&wuSelect=WEATHER 

Just have to have 2 windows open instead of one  :cheers:

B/DT 1616 "Casper" 2005 GMC 2500HD Sierra 4x4 Duramax Diesel + Allison Transmission
174.586mph - Bonneville '08, 2.25mi
10.59 @ 128.9 at California Speedway

saltfever

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 11:40:43 PM »
I attribute my efi as a major factor of my success----B'ville is all about repeatability!!!!!!

What brand is it Sparky? What do you use for an EFI fuel pump?