Author Topic: el mirage november  (Read 6526 times)

rdugan

el mirage november
« on: November 02, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »
i've heard a few rumors about the possibility of a rain-out for november.   does anyone have any first-hand info on lakebed condition following last week's rains?

dwarner

Re: el mirage november
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »
There is a Board meeting on Friday night. I'm sure we will be given an update then. If nothing else surfaces before Saturday morning I'll log in with any meet info we get.

rdugan

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »
thanks as always, dan.

Offline Dave Cox

• http://www.olddeadcars.com
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »
Talked with George Callaway yesterday, water is across the west end of the lake, doesn't look good.

TWOCLUB

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »
DON'T TAKE CALLAWAY'S OPINION TO HEART. IF THE LAST LAKES MEET IS CANCELLED, HE WILL BE THE POINTS CHAMPION. GEORGE IS PROBABLY OUT THERE WATERING THE LAKE BED AS WE SPEAK.  HA! HA!

rdugan

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »
rain is in the forcast for the next few days in LA.  let's all hope it misses the lakebed, and that george's garden hose springs a leak!

actually, i hear george has a pretty big celebration planned (including dragging his new 'house' that he got from a film set onto the lakebed for a keg party) so he'll be just as disappointed as the rest of us if it's canceled.

Offline Freud

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »
The SCTA page says the lake bed is too wet and they postponed until the week of 20/21. It's at the top of their website page.
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »
CORRECTION: The post at SCTA Website says: If the lakebed is too wet they will postpone until Nov 20/21.    I am getting good at posting corrections to an earlier statement. New rule for me. Read twice before posting a soon to be modified proclamation. So they still haven't decided about Nov 13/14.
Since '63

dwarner

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »
OK - you guys beat me to it!!

I was working on the race car today just in case we run next weekend. Doesn't look like it will happen. SCTA Pres Mike Cook will go out to El Mirage on Monday morning and then contact the Board. A final descision will be made at that time concerning the 11/13 -14 date.

Rumor has it that the last meet of the year will be pushed to 11/20-21. Let us all hope that we can run one more race this year.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and understanding.

DW

Offline Dave Cox

• http://www.olddeadcars.com
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 01:19:00 AM »
Turns out Callaway IS watering the lake, I was able to verify this during the weekend, here's the proof:

http://www.westernracing.com/PIC00001.JPG

I don't want to mess with the hose though....

dwarner

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »
"OK all, Billy and I went to El Mirage on Sunday. The lake bed is under water at the west end. The east end is dry with dust coming off the tires. I met with Gena for about an hour. If all agrees, I would like to move the meet to Nov. 20th & 21st with set up on Friday. Will do course prep. on Friday with volunteers. Ambulance and Fire will be there at 10am on Saturday. The outhouses will be there Friday. Dana has the permits. Need to call Bob Leggio on Insurance. The only one I am waiting on is the food vendor.

The above message is directly from Mike Cook, SCTA President.

landracing

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »
Thanks Dan for the info, too bad for the folks who had plane tickets there, Freud and Turk.... I think Turk is a bad Omen for the November meet.

Jonathan

dad land

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »
bad turk.bad!.just step away from the race car!put down the diet coke and don't move!let mr d have at it and yo better half drive it!.: )
 my gawd i wish i could  be there! good luck guys! and why is it so much fun to rib kt?but then i can't talk...not sure if they'd even let my in?
 dad  land

Offline Freud

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »
Jon, would Turk be a bad omen for the Bonneville N'west Reunion?
Since '63