Author Topic: BUB Memories  (Read 2245 times)

Offline wolbrink471

• Wolbrink Race
BUB Memories
« on: September 15, 2008, 10:41:12 AM »
Hello All

This year's BUB event was our first experience on the salt and I haven't been this excited about anything since I was a kid!

I can't believe how many great people we met and how many more that I 'recognize' from this list that I didn't have a chance to introduce myself to. We were always among the first on the salt in the morning and the last off at night. Our social schedule pretty much revolved around watching the guy at the Salf Flat Cafe 'figure out' our bill!

Compared to other events that we have participated in and/or attended, the BUB folks hosted a great week. Every racer, spectator, volunteer, and marshall was super friendly and helpful.

Until we get the 'official record list' I have been posting videos and links on a blog that I started before we left for Bonneville. www.wolbrinkrace.blogspot.com

Here is a link to the videos, http://wolbrinkrace.blogspot.com/2008/09/kx500-bonneville-movies.html I was hoping to give everyone that helped us with the bike a taste of what the place is like.

I hope everyone enjoys.

Mark
more information about the World's Fastest Dirt Bike at...... www.wolbrinkrace.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: BUB Memories
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 10:52:16 AM »
Mark, you bring up a good point that sure hits close to me.  Now that we own the website there are dozens of times when filks walk up and says "Hi, I'm wolbrink471" (or whatever) and start shooting the breeze about the site and the forum.  What a wonderful way for me to klearn who's who...even if I don't remember more than a few of you all.  Nancy and I had a fine time at Bub's, just taking photos and talking and generally goofing around.  It is the first LSR event we've attended without any duties (other than the site) in ages -- no inspecting, no sales trailer, and so on.  We had lots of time to build good memories and work on the process of putting ever more faces to the names.

Thanks, one and all.  For our photos you can go to photobucket.com and look for the SeldomSeenSlim folder.  There are individual Maxton and Bonneville files -- select 'em and enjoy.  One of these days I'll be putting things into the landracing.com photo gallery -- as soon as I find where Jonathon told me the secret passwords.  They should be in this computer, somewhere.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com