Author Topic: update on Mirage?  (Read 3118 times)

Offline bvillercr

update on Mirage?
« on: September 14, 2008, 11:42:53 PM »
Is there any updated on the condition of the lake bed and lets not forget about the vehicles. :-D

John Romero

Re: update on Mirage?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 12:23:22 AM »
It was very nice. 3 rounds were run and no serious incidents. I'm waiting to see the official results...

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 12:46:13 AM »
The results are up on the scta site.  Looks like 14 records were broken.  Fastest car was Fred D at 267+ and the fastest bike was Nick Nicolaides at 220 and change.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 10:33:59 AM »
It was a really nice day. The course was very good. Winds stayed low until late afternoon. Three rounds, although only about 10 showed up for a third pass.

As usual between Speed Week, BUB, WOS and World Finals, the turnout was low.

Not a whole lot of speed either. Half the records were on open records.

Not to ding them too much.

Doug Macmillan in the Hondata RSX ran 199.732 on a 170 open and you KNOW that has to hurt being that close to 200. Sounded like about 14,000 rpm off the line.

Noonan ran 200.869 on a 180 open AND didn't lose his cell phone!

Rick Yacoucci took the old Flatfire record to 209.471 with a really crisp sounding flathead.

Jere Brown ran 42.522 on a 37 open. Yes, I did say 42.522. I was announcing and said over the FM radio that timing was not using the sophisticated electronic system and had switched to a calendar for that run.  :-) Still
a record!

After all that whining that he wasn't going to make it and was going to be a spectator, Patrick McSwain (McRat) took his Duramax diesel on a nice rookie pass of 143 on a 130 open record and then ran 163.674 on his second run for high points of the meet. Let's see you do that next month!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

McRat

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 05:58:37 PM »
It was a really nice day. The course was very good. Winds stayed low until late afternoon. Three rounds, although only about 10 showed up for a third pass.

After all that whining that he wasn't going to make it and was going to be a spectator, Patrick McSwain (McRat) took his Duramax diesel on a nice rookie pass of 143 on a 130 open record and then ran 163.674 on his second run for high points of the meet. Let's see you do that next month!

Yes, it was great weather and the track was smooth IMO,

Just once in my life I want to actually be ready for a race.  The midnight mayhem and mad dash to the track gets annoying. :-D

The truck wouldn't start because I got the cam sensor and crank sensors backwards, I stripped out a torque convertor bolt and had to swap, and the huge oil leak was a turbo supply gasket that miss-seated.  Getting into a rush does those things.

I drove to and from the track with the truck, but I was wondering that if I have a "D" license, and got pulled over by the CHP for speeding, would that get me off-the-hook?  It says I can go 150.   :?