Author Topic: Tech at El Mirage  (Read 6350 times)

McRat

Tech at El Mirage
« on: September 12, 2008, 09:06:27 PM »
What time is the cutoff for tech at El Mirage?  Is there tech on Sunday?

I know I have to attend a rookie meeting on Sat at 4pm, do I need the truck there?

Offline willieworld

Re: Tech at El Mirage
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:24:23 PM »
you will need transportation for the rookie meeting but you can catch a ride with some one ---the vehicle will need a cb radio---no new vehicles will be teched on sunday and no vehicles in the top 25--i think new vehicle means new to el mirage---do not be late for the rookie meeting--its at 4 sharp on saturday at the regristration trailer--i would say that you will have to go through tech saturday 11 to 5 -hope to see you there  willie buchta

go to www.scta-bni.org----------------click on el mirage-----------click on el mirage procedures
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:27:40 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

McRat

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:35:38 PM »
Only a 5% chance I can get the truck ready.

I just need to know what my "surrender" time is.

We will be there even if the truck sits home.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 11:14:07 PM »
i know the feeling sheri and i both killed our bikes at speed week i just finished hers up at 7 tonight i discovered when i had my engine apart i had broken the case sooooooooooo we are bringing sheris bike and mine will be in that cold lonely shop till we return  --sheri is making pot roast and noodles for sat night  around 6 come on by for a free meal  we camp on the return road about 1/4 mile from tech    --look for a white mail box   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

bak189

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 12:25:20 AM »
Willie, really sorry to hear about your engine......
but remember when you replace the cases as per the rules ....no after- market cases allowed!!!!!!!!

Offline willieworld

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 02:01:49 AM »
bob--nice to hear from you--im going to weld the case up only problem is i didnt notice the break until i had the motor assembled all except the heads and the transmission is inside the cases also --its a 02 and newer buell motor and you have to split the cases to get the trans out ---harley made a 1000cc iron head sportster motor with a very long stroke and a small bore--the motor i have has the same bore as the 80 in.evo motor 3.50 in--and the shortest stroke of any harley V twin  3.125 in ---over square--like that small block chevrolet  ---we will take sheris bike to el mirage for sunday----hope to see you there    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

McRat

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 03:56:21 AM »
Well, time for bed, still have alot left to do.  Probably not bringing the truck.

McRat

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 11:47:34 AM »
Nope.  Went to fire it up, and there is a problem.  I'll bring the family out and watch.  :(

McRat

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 08:19:42 PM »
Got it fixed at 2:00pm, high-tailed it for El Mirage with none of the parts on the front.  Threw the parts in the bed.
Got there just in time for the rookie meeting, and got it teched.
Ran 143mph for the rookie run, then right at the end of the day, ran 163.xxxmph for the B/DT record at El Mirage.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »
Good for you. That's sticking with it.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 11:23:39 PM »
doesn't get much better than that, rookie run, then record run... Great day for you. :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 09:41:40 AM »
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 01:40:41 PM »
I already told you this on the return road but "NICE TRUCK!!!!!!!!!"

Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

McRat

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 11:21:23 PM »
Thanks!   :cheers:

Here's some "inflight video" http://www.mcratracing.com/k/casperelmirage091408163.wmv

Warning big file.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 12:24:30 AM »
Sounded like you still had a lot left in it.  The track looked like it had a few rough spots in it.  Nice video thanks.