Author Topic: The Beltway Bandit  (Read 20487 times)

LittleLiner

Re: The Beltway Bandit
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 11:50:49 AM »
I think for Maxton I'd put a 2 or 3-inch PVC pipe 18'' out of the hood, tape the hood seams and call it a Comp Coupe.

Stan

Might actually work . . but I am leaning toward adding a belly pan instead doing of the 'body stretch.' 

Right now (since Jan 13th) the priority is on finding a new job since it is impossible to support my racing addiction with unemployment checks . . .

LittleLiner

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2009, 09:02:19 AM »
Beltway Bandit for sale . . .again . . . . (Photos by www.dwphotosonline.com)

It's been awhile since I posted.  Here I sit in my office at 8 am EDT while I would really rather be at Maxton helping with track setup and getting the Bandit teched.  But it ain't happening . . .

Back in January I lost my job (there is alot of that going on these days).  Through sheer luck I landed a new job and was working again by March.  Great job but lots of deadlines and no time to work on the car or go racing.  Bummer dude! (did I get that right?)

On top of all that my wife and I have developed an addiction to bicycling and are burning up what little free time I have training for and entering 60 mile charity rides.  We are thinking about authoring a horror movie screen play titled "Old People in Spandex!"

All this time the Bandit sits in the driveway.  And the Geo Metro sits in the garage with the engine positioned on blocks in the engine bay awaiting me to engineer and fab some mounts for this front wheel drive, chain driven, motorcycle engined gas coupe project.  Plus the little 500cc engine and all my assorted bits and piecies for the Little Liner remain stashed in the four corners of the basement.  Progress zero and counting. . . . . backwards . . . . .

Anywaaaaaaay . . . . I am again biting the bullet and have listed the Bandit on ebay.   Check it out.  Buy yourself and instant ECTA or Loring record breaker.  Ebay listing number 280363249223 . . . . . .

Of course if it doesn't sell there is always a chance I can make it to Loring . . . . . .hummmm (psst.  Don't tell the Mrs)

LittleLiner

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 10:58:18 PM »
The final chapter . .   

Almost a year to the day of acquiring the 94 Suzuki Swift (aka Beltway Bandit) it is officially over . . done . . finis ..  history.

Friday afternoon I last saw the Bandit headed north on Interstate 83 toward Harrisburg PA en-route to Detroit, the Motor City, it's new home.  Parted with it sadly, but, after all, the plan was to buy a car and set a record.  Mission complete. 

New owner has no interest in LSR.   So for now my record at Maxton might last a while.  What do we say?  We don't own records we just borrow them until someone else borrows it for a while.

Within a few days I'll start a new build diary for the car I have actually been 'working on' for the last 5 years.  This will make my wife happy because I will have to clean the garage before I take any photos. . . . . 

A few hints  . . 15,000 rpm red line, . .  Gas Coupe . . .  red . . in honor of Maxton it will be called the Fire Ant. 

Goal - Points contender 2010.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2009, 11:25:04 AM »
Oh no -- not another Vintage Flathead-Powered Coupe?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2009, 08:51:05 PM »
Not with that red line ... that is Hyabusa RPM

LittleLiner

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2009, 10:33:16 PM »
Hayabusa?  I wish . . .Here's a shot from a few years back of an early test fit

CBR600RR