Author Topic: My May 2008 Maxton results  (Read 8020 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: My May 2008 Maxton results
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 07:52:35 PM »
Deb ... I am thrilled for you ... Congratulations ...

Joe

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 10:19:17 AM »
Thanks everyone!! (mostly for making it to the end of my post!  :-o )

I'm going to pass on replying to each of you individually, believe me I have a response for each one, but then that would make another chapter in the book!  :-D

Thank you all for the congratulations! With each post I feel that much more blessed to be in this sport and all the more humbled for my place in it!

I just can't tell you how excited I am that we will first step foot on the salt (most likely in Aug!) with us both wearing our green hats! For those of you that didn't see "that" run, I'm planning a couple more 200mph runs this year so there's always the chance at a repeat performance! ;) Next time it will be executed with much more poise & confidence now that I know the nitrous shot isn't going to knock me off the bike!  :-o  8-)

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 11:04:50 AM »
One more thing I wanted to share…

Todd and I really felt this meet was a flash back to a few years ago. The meet wasn't as crowded and runs were plenty. We were able to stop, eat, tune in the pits, get back in line & make multiple runs. It was really refreshing.

To me it was nostalgic to achieve my entry into the 2 club under conditions that were reminiscent of how it used to be when this first became a goal. The induction ceremony was small, almost intimate, short & sweet. Made up of people I've known & raced with for years. It was really awesome and the conditions made it even more special.

Here’s my induction welcoming group. Each person has a special importance and significance to me!

(back row l-r)
DaveO - my mentor & coach 2nd only to my husband!
Charlie Anstaett - fastest speed of this meet at 256.798, 2nd fastest racer & vehicle (bike) at our track!
Joe Timney - ECTA President – watched him get in the 2 club!
Thomas Cronan - watched him grow up at the track & get in the 2 club!
Keith Turk – ECTA Race Director & 2 club president!
Phil Campbell – Got in the 2 club this meet! The first person I got to welcome into the 2 club!
Todd Dross – My best friend, partner, husband, crew chief and biggest supporter! You’re the best baby!
(the ladies in the front)
Tonya Turk – ECTA - logistically does everything, fastest Lady racer I know – watched her get in the 2 club!

Another thing that is cool is that this meet was our 8 year anniversary for the first time we attended an ECTA meet. It was exactly 6 years since Todd earned entry into the 2 club and one year since my top speed and wreck. Apparently May has significance in our race program! (I'll have to remember that for next year!)

Now that I’ve achieved “the goal” a quick reflection back over the last 8 years of our racing finds Todd having made 16 new records 4 of which still stand. I’ve also achieved 16 new records 13 of which still stand! So basically that’s an average of 2 per year! Not bad, not bad at all! ;)

We’re closing “this” chapter of the book but there are other goals and so much more we want to do. My BeeQueen will race the remainder of the year. Mostly in the same configuration but we would like to remove the headlight and then add the full fairing just for some comparisons. But first we’ll try to achieve his true top speed without melting him down!

Todd put his goals on hold for me. His are steep, following in the footsteps of his hero’s, but certainly ones we think can be achieved with hard work & team work! (and now that my bike made it to 200 he trusts my wiring so I can help there too!)

Onward & upward!
Deb

Offline nickelcityracing

• nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 12:54:20 AM »
Congrats Deb, 200mph naked is a blast. We should ask Tonya to have some more girl 200mph club shirts made.
www.nickelcityracing.com
Trillium-Maxton 2 club---FASTEST WOMAN ON A MOTORCYCLE
Jody-220mph naked..maxton 200 club-236.6 mph top speed
2003 RCC ULTRA TURBO BUSA
THANKS SPONSORS:RCC turbos-JE Pistons-MTC-Elka-Suzuki Canada-Brock's-Northbay cycle-Dyno Jet

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 10:53:52 AM »
It was a special day.  Sorry Trillium & Jody weren't there - we missed you guys!  Deb was, of course, spectacular.

As I sometimes hang out at the timing slip table, it's fun to see how racers grow over time.  There will come a time when Deb will pick up a 202 time slip and say, "Something's wrong with this bike.  I was expecting 2XX that run.  Damn, that's disappointing".  I, of course, will likely never see a 200+ timing slip, so I really can't relate.  But I've seen this progression many times, and it's about how our racers keep pushing themselves.  I'm guessing it's because of the money, big endorsement deals, etc.  Or not.

Hugs to Deb - see y'all in June
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 10:49:20 AM »
Scott, great words and comments,that's why LSR is such a great sport regardless where the event is held. The newer people have only gotten a small taste of what we have been doing for years. The volunteers at each venue keep it alive and never get enough thanks.

Debbie is only one of a lot of dedicated people that loves the sport and races and works it with the attitude that makes it work. We are looking forward to meeting Deb and Todd at speed week. Scott hope to see you on the salt as well. Keep up the support and fast bikes. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 07:41:34 AM »
Thank you so much Scott & Ellen! Your friendship and support has meant so much to us!
Receiving the John Beckett award was such a wonderful surprise to us. Every time I glance
at the award I remember where we got started and how it was when John ran the show.
We've all come a long way since then!

Todd and I are so excited that we will finally be able to make it to Speed Week. We're ready
to take it to the next level (ironically with us that doesn't always mean the ultimate fastest
speed!  :-D ) and we can't wait to meet all of the great folks that have been friends from a
distance and helped us in so many ways!

We also can't wait to follow our ECTA racing friends around the salts to try to learn the ropes!!!
We'll be the nats following Scott & Ellen as well as Jon & Nancy around the salts for sure!

Deb

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 09:27:21 AM »
Okay, Deb -- I'll ask the big question that nobody else is brave enough to ask:

Where'd you get the dancing banana?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 11:23:24 AM »
Okay, Deb -- I'll ask the big question that nobody else is brave enough to ask:

Where'd you get the dancing banana?

"right click" on it then click on "properties".  It is in her secret folder in photobucket  8-),

Sum

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 09:53:20 PM »
Sum has found my stash!
I've been collecting for quite some time now! I have a lot more on my hard drive. I upload them as I want to use em!

All are "borrowed" for my own personal reuse. Of course now that you know, feel free to "borrow" them too!
 :-D
Deb

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2008, 09:57:19 PM »
The cones are still the best because as most of us know there's some meaning there too!

Pete

Offline TURBO KING

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 08:46:38 PM »
I finally got around to reading this thread further.

As usual, Scott, well said.  You are a most eloquent spokesman for our sport and never fail to capture the true emotion we all feel, but few can express like you can.

Deb, you done good.  I am sorry I wasn't there to share in the experience.

I know this is a big deal, because I know what it was like for me.

But even more, it must mean a lot because I haven't seen Todd on here breaking your chops!!

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard P, DaveO, Rick S