Author Topic: Smileys!!  (Read 12823 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Smileys!!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 08:29:36 AM »
Deb, a certain physician who I shall not name here has requested as follows:

ps ;we need a smiley doing a burnout with one hand in the air , a smiley all bandaged up and a clown smiley, preferably riding a bicycle.

Think you can find these?

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Roadster943

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 09:33:39 AM »

I like Deans best so far. Thanks Dean !
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger

Offline salt27

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 01:10:12 PM »
Never mind, I'm not computer saavy enough to get the images in the post.
Don
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:13:13 PM by salt27 »

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 08:49:36 PM »
deb,
I really need the one with the guy giving the finger!  It would save me alot of time -  and a few rutabeggaed off phone calls!

carl Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline Kat

• Duramax Diesels
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 01:09:23 PM »
Deb, a certain physician who I shall not name here has requested as follows:

ps ;we need a smiley doing a burnout with one hand in the air , a smiley all bandaged up and a clown smiley, preferably riding a bicycle.

Think you can find these?

Not perfect but here are a few :-D  Haven't found a good clown one :(

B/DT 1616 "Casper" 2005 GMC 2500HD Sierra 4x4 Duramax Diesel + Allison Transmission
174.586mph - Bonneville '08, 2.25mi
10.59 @ 128.9 at California Speedway

Offline Freud

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 12:11:29 AM »
Make this into a Tush Puckering Smiley.
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 06:58:10 PM »
Well, I guess it's time to let you know that I don't know how to -- ready for this? -- how to get a smiley into a post.  I've tried a couple of times -- but don't know which keys to hit and when, and so on.  Someone -- stop laughing at me even if I am the guy that owns and supposedly knows how to run the site -0- someone take a few minutes to tell me how to do it, hey?  Thanks.

Speaking of website stuff -- I finally got all of the photos into this one desktop computer and will start loading up the Gallery with some of them soon.  Ive got about 4800 photos, many of which are racing-related and therefore worthy of being posted.  You won't get any nude shots of Nancy, though, so don't bother to ask for them.  The photos in the Gallery will be in the various folders -- by year, by venue, by event, and so on.  Got a lot of them -- want to make it easy to share.  No, I won't be opening the gallery to allow you folks to post, though -- but if you've got shots that are worthy of being in the Gallery I'll be glad to have you send them to me so I can put 'em in there.  Just be sure to let me know the basic information (date, venue, etc) so I get 'em in the correct folder.

The photos I've got go back a couple of years, that's all, but it's the best I've got available.  Stay tuned -- you'll get 'em soon.

Now that you're done laughing at me -- send that smiley how-to, okay?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bbarn

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 07:25:33 PM »
Well, I guess it's time to let you know that I don't know how to -- ready for this? -- how to get a smiley into a post.  I've tried a couple of times -- but don't know which keys to hit and when, and so on.  Someone -- stop laughing at me even if I am the guy that owns and supposedly knows how to run the site -0- someone take a few minutes to tell me how to do it, hey?  Thanks.

Speaking of website stuff -- I finally got all of the photos into this one desktop computer and will start loading up the Gallery with some of them soon.  Ive got about 4800 photos, many of which are racing-related and therefore worthy of being posted.  You won't get any nude shots of Nancy, though, so don't bother to ask for them.  The photos in the Gallery will be in the various folders -- by year, by venue, by event, and so on.  Got a lot of them -- want to make it easy to share.  No, I won't be opening the gallery to allow you folks to post, though -- but if you've got shots that are worthy of being in the Gallery I'll be glad to have you send them to me so I can put 'em in there.  Just be sure to let me know the basic information (date, venue, etc) so I get 'em in the correct folder.

The photos I've got go back a couple of years, that's all, but it's the best I've got available.  Stay tuned -- you'll get 'em soon.

Now that you're done laughing at me -- send that smiley how-to, okay?

Slim, there are probably other ways, but you can use "insert a picture" link and just point to a picture on another web site. For example:

http://comments.deviantart.com/emoticons is just one of millions of sites you can get them from. Once you find the one on the page you want, right click on it and choose properties and it will give you the file and path to the emoticon. Once you have it drop it in like you would any other image link.

The pattern for pasting would be {img}url properties{/img}

As an example to get the one from above, use the following:
{img}http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/s/stupidme2.gif{/img}
Replace the {} braces with [] braces will give it to you

I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 08:10:41 PM »
bbarn -- okay, if that's one way -- but it sounds kinda roundabout.  Isn't there a standard - and easy - way to use those smileys that are right there above the blank where I type this message?   :?

Oh, wouldya lookit that?  It worked, just by clicking on it.  I thought there was more to it.  Wow, I guess I should be embarrassed for not having tried it and then checking it out.

Whatever -- we live and learn.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 08:17:14 PM »
Where's the satisfied smirk smiley at the end of the message Jon??? :evil:

Pete

Offline bbarn

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 08:36:54 PM »
Slim, "I assumed" you were looking for ones other than what is above the chat window. It's easy for me to be Captain Obvious now, sure, just click and life is good.

I know how this dialog will go, but I'll ask it anyhow: Have you ever considered adding more/other emoticons to the mix? There is a setting under Profile | Look and Layout Preferences | Current Smiley set that has four settings: None, Forum/Board Default, Default and Classic. I would bet one bent and burned exhaust valve and 3 oz of shattered piston pieces that there is a way to load more smiley's that one could just "click on" above the message window to use. That certainly would be easier than my method.

If you can tell me the name and version of the message board being used, I could probably dig you up the instructions on how to load them... 
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 08:53:25 PM »
bbarn, read through this thread from post #1, by Dah Murf.  She's been our Smiley captain for the past year or so.  I looked at the various posts this evening before making my request -- I suggest you go back and see what she's got to say.  If you want to add smileys to our collection -- run it past her.  I just own the place, you know. . .

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 10:19:28 PM »
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »
How about the smiley that looks at a beer,drinks it,turns green and barfs all over. A classic :cheers: J.B.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2009, 11:57:13 AM »
Less would be better, none at all would be best.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records