Author Topic: DLRA  (Read 5880 times)

Offline hawkwind

DLRA
« on: February 20, 2004, 06:02:00 AM »
Lake Gairdner rocks again from march 8 ,this will be our biggest year yet 8 hayabussa's and one lone zx12 so far in my capacity class ,ready to rock and roll ,  :D  comeon guys we only get one week a year
 Gary
slower than most

landracing

Re: DLRA
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »
Gary,

How many entries so far this year? I wish I could get there one of these years.

Jonathan

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »
I reckon we will crack 100 this year ,lots of new cars and bikes , Jon if I win the lottery I,ll shout you and Joe a free trip over
 Gary
slower than most

landracing

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »
Well since I cant be there, no last minute flights for that one, please get some pictures and send me a detailed report so I can post it on the website.

Hope everybody there has a great time and safe rides.

Jonathan

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 04:47:00 AM »
Jon
 I will get something together  but it will have to be done after the event
 Gary
slower than most

dad land

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »
I'd love to run there someday also mr. amo. does anyone have an idea on cost if say  a few of us could share a container?......and air fare rental./ cost to run there above say the cost of running at bonneville if it were o="free"....*now thats a good one. yea , yea honey.it doesn't cost anything to do speedweek! yea yea that's the ticket*.but seriously, a few years planing of course but...........DL

landracing

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »
We have been throwing around the idea for the last few years to go and do it. Basically if you get alot of motorcycle guys to go, containers run about $8000-$10000 each. You can fit a whole bunch of bikes in one of those. Share a trucks to haul the bikes to the lake bed, Get about 10-13 guys involved and costs would be way down less than $1000 apiece would be the way to go.

Tickets to fly over I have seen around the $800-$1500 range each.

Yes it could happen, chance in a lifetime.

dad land

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »
Thanks jon.keep me on your list of folks to call. if you will let an SOUTHERN east coast slow harley guy along that is . thanks ,trip of a life time...yes. but after hanging around KT i don't know if i'd be ......how you say, personna non grata? but i could hide in the container? DAD LAND

John Broughan

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »
Jim Knapp came out for a look this year, and he is looking to bring his car out next year. Could be a good chance to piggy back.  The salt at lake Gairdner is like concrete. This year was the hardest and driest I have seen in 12 years. Good air, cool temperatures. Lots of blow ups with engines that can't sustain the revs. Never having been to Bonneville, I don't know what it is like, but I heve seen visitors in past years trying to hammer tent pegs into the lake here for their shade, but it can't be done. We don't grade the lake at all, we drag a large length of steel along it 2 or 3 times, then open the track.