Author Topic: FIA records  (Read 4703 times)

Offline ddahlgren

• Global Moderator
FIA records
« on: January 28, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »
It is nice to see you have them listed but is there a way to also list the breakdown of the classes as well. so the group #'s and other details can be sorted out.
 Dave

LittleLiner

Re: FIA records
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
Category is by car type

Category A  - Unlimited 4 (or more)wheel (at least 2 steer) any alignment, any body, wheel driven.  Category B appears to be pretty much what we would call a production car.  Look at the FIA rules for more details of Category rules

Group - by engine type

Group I  Blown 2 and 4 stroke otto cycle
 Group II unblown 2 and 4 stroke otto cycle
 Group III Blown Diesel
 Group IV unblown Diesel
 Group V Blown Rotary
 Group VI unblown Rotary
 (there are other groups for just about everything)

Class by engine size

1 - up to 250cc
 2 - over 250cc up to 350cc
 3 - over 350cc to 500cc
 4 - over 500cc up to 750cc
 5 - over 750cc up to 1100cc
 6 - over 1100cc to 1500cc
 7 - over 1500cc to 2000cc
 8 - over 2000cc to 3000cc
 9 - over 3000cc to 5000cc
 10 - over 5000cc to 8000cc
 11 - over 8000cc

So a Catogory A, Group II Class 4 car would be an unlimited car with a 2 or 4 stroke unblown engine over 500cc up to 750cc displacement
 Notice that some of the FIA engine classes are different from the SCTA engine classes.  Also the SCTA streamliner diesels combine blown and unblown while FIA does not.  SCTA puts rotary engines into regular classes with piston engines and factors the engine 'size' for rotarys while FIA does not.  

The info can be found in Appendix B on the FIA web site.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 10:27:00 PM »
As far as I know the SCTA has never worried about matching the FIA engine sizes. The splits were set many years ago with the available AMERICAN engine displacemaents. For many years blow ran with unblown with a penalty given to the blower. Production sizes engines had their own splits. A standard was set in the 80's. Notice the FIA doesn't direct fuel type. If you don't like the words "World Land Speed Record" on the certificate I send you, draw a black line thru it...YYEEAAHH RRIIGGHHTT!!!!! J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 07:23:00 AM »
This is for Jon Amo

Please do add the class breakdowns used by FIA as you did for the FIM.  It may get some more US racers interested in records to be broken.

Jim & Dave & co.

Production cars in FIA terms are selected from 3 cars straight off the production line - sealed to avoid tampering - fully supervised as the safety equipment goes in = then used in an attempt as they were made.  SCTA Production cars are heavily modified by comparison!

The fuel specification for FIA is indeed totally  'free'. So, if it can be made to work you do not have to use pump diesel fuels in a compression ignition engine.  [Thats probably sent Dave D off to the dyno room ..... LOL]

The FIA engine sizes of course come from mostly European availability except for the tope end when you move into US V8 sizes.
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline D-Type

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
It looks to me as if the smaller  FIA sizes are the traditional motorcycle ones.  The larger ones look like the classesthat have been used for years in sports car racing - but the words 'chicken' and 'egg' come to mind.

Being pedantic:  
 'World Record' = fastest regardless of class.  The others are 'International Class records'

<small>[ April 08, 2005, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: D-Type ]</small>
Oh Lord, please help me to keep my big mouth shut until I know what I am talking about

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
FIA records
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 12:19:54 AM »
Quote from: magic
propecia - http://www.bestrxpills.com

Spammer..? :roll:

Offline Freud

Magics post
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 12:38:08 AM »
I think you are correct John.  I didn't see any BRAVE pills listed so he is probably on the wrong site.
Since '63

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Magics post
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 01:05:20 AM »
Quote from: Freud
I think you are correct John.  I didn't see any BRAVE pills listed so he is probably on the wrong site.

Hard to believe they take the time to bother logging in with this garbage :roll: