Author Topic: Jerry Slavaugh  (Read 4293 times)

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
Jerry Slavaugh
« on: September 06, 2008, 12:22:59 AM »
I thought some of you would be interested in a news story I happened to find, about Jerry Slavaugh from Sarasota, Florida. It says that he will be leaving next Friday to take his 1350cc Suzuki to Bonneville to run "in the Modified Partial Streamline fuel class next weekend".

"Jerry will be trying to break the current record of 222.5 miles per hour."

Here's the story, from ABC 7 in Sarasota:

Suncoast bike builder will try to break world record
http://www.mysuncoast.com/Global/story.asp?S=8960684&nav=menu577_2_1

Dave
http://www.roadsters.com/

landracing

Re: Jerry Slavaugh
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:50:41 AM »
I would assume would be for the World of Speed event.

I also think is very comical that the newscaster says he's doing it with a "RARE Motorcycle" and attempting and even "Rarer Feat of breaking a world record"... It was darn near funny listening to the news cast, and a shame at the same time because of the lack of quality information.

A busa a bonneville is by far the norm at bonneville..
Jon Amo
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:57:10 AM by landracing »

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 12:52:20 AM »
So is he kinda late for Bub?

Or a mega bunch early for World Finals?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

landracing

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 12:54:14 AM »
So is he kinda late for Bub?

Or a mega bunch early for World Finals?

Inquiring minds want to know.

World of Speed is 17th-20th of September.

JonAmo

landracing

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 01:07:27 AM »
It looks to me like they may be doing it on the bottle, so lets see if they get the current record which I see as Jim Owen at 219 mph... MPS-F 1350 cc. Im not sure where the 222 mph number came from the article suggests, unless I missed something in records set at Speedweek.

Nitrous at Bonneville - Anybody want to start a thread on which mile it melts... Come on - it will be fun...

Jon

Offline willieworld

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 01:35:00 AM »
you didnt miss anything its 219.555   willie buchta

jon  sheri is makeing apple butter from the case of apples she won at the salt talk raffle--ill bring you a jar at world finals

put me in the pool for 10 bucks --------mile 1 to 2-----thats where mine always melts
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:39:53 AM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

landracing

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 02:05:00 AM »
MMM apple butter... Love it... better not trick me and put some of that Aussy Vegiemite in there...

Hard to say what mile, what will be tough would be to guess his speed... And we will just have to convince him that if it melts before the 2 1/4 that he needs to stay on course no matter what until he passes the 2 1/4 traps.
So if it melts in between the 1 and 2, pulls the clutch and coasts for awhile sitting up you could hit like 40 mph in the 2 1/4.

You could have the same bet for my bike too, I always freakin break something....

JonAmo

Offline willieworld

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 02:46:16 AM »
ive blown my engine up three times in three passes --sometimes though things happed for a reason i guess--when i pulled my engine apart i noticed a lot of metal in the tranny oil--on further investigation i found that i had broken a machined slot that has a snap ring that keeps the counter shaft from walking out the clutch side and one or two more passes and the trans could have engaged 2 gears at the same time --i had that happen on a street bike and it got ugly fast---i'll have her fixed for world finals-----------willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 01:57:03 PM »
" At age 66 he will be one of the oldest guys on the track." Age 66 is about average these days. :-D
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing