Author Topic: Commentary for 2005  (Read 3093 times)

landracing

Commentary for 2005
« on: October 21, 2004, 11:32:00 PM »
I have had a suggestion for the following, during commentary put a link to a picture of vehicle being written about and a vehicle number.

Vehicle number not a problem. But links with pictures for each vehicle in the commentary is hard.
 I can take like a pre-entry list and put that into a table to start with, have a link to a picture of that vehicle from my database of pictures. I can put this list together now of vehicles that have driven already, one for bikes and one for cars, I can have this link to the entry numbers available to click on during the updates. Classes are a big problem because class changes and vehicle configurations change thru the years but to have a general picture of the vehicle would be good with the original number.

I can actually put this list together fairly easy into a database, then go searching for the pictures of each vehicle.

Lets see field in database would have to be something like Number, name, hometown. Driver names, speeds and engine/chassis classifications would be too hard to keep updated. So it would have to be basic information..... the other thing would be a current list, because as years go by vehicle numbers get taken by others....

Any more ideas. Ill post this over on the suggestions part of web board.

Jonathan

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Commentary for 2005
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »
As long as we're on the subject of this database, here's an idea that I've toyed with:

I've thought about recording the audio that's broadcast during the Bonneville meets and making it available afterwards to the various racers.  It wouldn't be too difficult -- record the timing tower radio, record Ron Christenson's audio, and record a channel with nothing but time-of-day data.  Then I'd be able to easily go back to a specific time, which time could be supplied by each racer from his timing slip run time, and extract the audio of his run and supply it to him -- could also link it to this database of photos, maybe.

Why bother?  Hey, wouldn't you like to hear Glen B. saying "Heads up, everyone, this is a fast car", or "Take that baby to impound" or so on and so on?  Wouldn't you like to hear Ron C. telling the story about you and your racer vehicle?  Woldn't your sponsors like to hear that you actually DO get their names some publicity?  Wouldn't it be cool to have that audio be available when someone clicks on the photo of your car/bike/truck/barstool?

Might not be available 'til after the meet, so it wouldn't necessarily be there as soon as Jon's photos and commentary, but if there's some interest I'll see what it'll take to do it.  Let me know, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

landracing

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »
If you can get it on a digital recorder, they are easily uploaded to computer via usb cable and can be uploaded w/pictures. I have thought of this in the past and have the recorder to do it just haven't worked it in the schedule.

Also thought of after run interviews to post nightly w/recorder.

Maybe next year I can execute on this.

I may have a bid on high speed internet next year so uploading will be fast, still in exploring stages and finding out cost etc etc. No high speed on salt, but back at motel I would.

Jonathan

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »
Nancy and I are leaving for Maxton in a few hours -- won't be back at the 'puter for a week.  let's talk about this during the next few months.  I think it'd be a gangbuster idea, and shouldn't be all that hard to do.  I've got the idea pretty firmly in mind as to what I want -- just need to execute.

Of course, I'm not a computer guy, so maybe it'd be damn near impossible -- I don't know!!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com