Author Topic: FYI  (Read 22444 times)

Offline NathanStewart

FYI
« on: September 02, 2008, 01:43:57 PM »
FYI SnowTech has been retired.  I'm no longer with Snow Performance and I do not know if they'll continue to monitor these forums or not.  For questions regarding their products please contact them directly: 719-633-3811.

Thanks,

Nate
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline jl222

Re: FYI
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 12:51:16 AM »
FYI SnowTech has been retired.  I'm no longer with Snow Performance and I do not know if they'll continue to monitor these forums or not.  For questions regarding their products please contact them directly: 719-633-3811.

Thanks,

Nate

This is the first time [after a lot of years] that we did not have water injection and we truely needed it as our intercooler developed a big water leak and was not useable to cool the 300+ degree air. We could have increased water flow to compensate.

JL222

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 01:44:02 PM »

Thanks,

Nate

This is the first time [after a lot of years] that we did not have water injection and we truly needed it as our intercooler developed a big water leak and was not usable to cool the 300+ degree air. We could have increased water flow to compensate.

JL222

I contribute a lot of the success we had with Hooley's Stude this year and also getting us through our mistakes last year to the Snow Performance water injection that Nate helped get us setup with last year and his help on the salt.

Nate the best to you in your new endeavors,

Sum

Offline GH

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 02:11:33 PM »
JL, was your incoming air temps that high (300 degrees +)?

Offline jl222

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 02:46:13 AM »
JL, was your incoming air temps that high (300 degrees +)?

Hi Gary
  My temp device that i've used for years broke so was unable to get actual recording.But on my temp charts for 70 degree day at 25 lbs boost at 14.7 atm. and 75% efficient =299.43 degrees-65%=334 and 45%=452 ,this is why we were amazed we went as fast as we did with broken intercooler on water side and eventualy on air side.
 Just found other charts 90 degree day 75% efficient 25lbs 328degrees 100 degrees=342degrees
 This is at sea level psi when you factor in lower bville psi they go higher yet,the only chart i can find right now is 13.7 psi 70 degree day 75% efficient 25lbs -311 degrees and bville was even less psi.

JL222

Offline GH

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 03:24:37 PM »
JL, our IAT was around 100-105 on all our runs, that's using 3 bags of ice. We found out on our last run that if we put the ice in sooner and circulate it for a while, it does a better job. Cya

Offline jl222

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 04:17:55 PM »
JL, our IAT was around 100-105 on all our runs, that's using 3 bags of ice. We found out on our last run that if we put the ice in sooner and circulate it for a while, it does a better job. Cya

When you said incoming air i assumed you meant before the intercooler not after. On the dyno runs our temps out of the intercooler were only 90 degrees at 28.5 lbs boost, with no ice and no circulation because of water leaks. At bville we circulated ice water before runs but not during runs but at much longer run times cold water turned to hot water.
 Temp guage broke at bville-very frustrating.
 what boost did you have at those temps?

JL222

Offline GH

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 08:04:31 AM »
HI John, our sensor for the IAT is in the plenum above the intake manifold, after the intercooler. The highest boost we saw was 15 PSI. I circulate the water during the run and all the ice is gone and the water is warm after the run. We drain the intercooler water into a cooler and wash the chute in it, and hang it out to dry.

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 09:44:14 AM »
 GH- Just wondering how big of a tank you have for the intercooler.

jl222- I would def. run the pump for the intercooler all the way down track. It will make a big difference.

Maybe Dieselgeek would know more about what I would be needing tank size as he has dealt with some mitsubishi's before. I don't plan on running more than 900-1000 awhp at max, I will start with quite a bit less of course.
As of now I use a 4 or 5 gallon tank and even with the turbo cranked up due to a large boost leak it will still last 1 mile and have cool water left over, usually in 1 mile I have ice left in the tank.
I was thinking of going up to around a 15 gallon sized tank.
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 10:12:07 AM »
EVO, our intercooler had a water leak into the air side we couldn't circulate the water.  When we did we had water comming out our exhaust and didn't run to good.

Offline jl222

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 09:44:32 PM »
evo

NO SH...!!

JL222

Offline GH

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 10:10:46 AM »
EVO, my car is on display at the local Library, I will go and measure it and figure volume for you. I can't tell you how much water the IC holds, I could give you the dimesions though.

Offline mkilger

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 10:49:05 AM »
so how big should the tank be? how much ice do you put in (100 pounds? ) with water thanks mike

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »
I have been told to plan on 10# per 100 hp.  We are trying to plan on enough resereve so we will still have ice for the 6 pack  (Silver Bullets---they float)   dumped in to celebrate after a successful pass---SO  be sure to leave the top of the tank where you can get to it REAL EASY :-D :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 10:21:59 AM »
I have been told to plan on 10# per 100 hp.  We are trying to plan on enough resereve so we will still have ice for the 6 pack  (Silver Bullets---they float)   dumped in to celebrate after a successful pass---SO  be sure to leave the top of the tank where you can get to it REAL EASY :-D :cheers:

Yes, make sure to put the bullets in the inter-cooler after your run otherwise it will put you in the fuel class. :-D :cheers: