Author Topic: Rules for 09/ In particular starters  (Read 3750 times)

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
Rules for 09/ In particular starters
« on: October 11, 2008, 09:29:34 PM »
Anybody have any information on new rule changes for 09? I have heard that there is no push starting vehicles allowed except for streamliners, can any body verify this?

Also, what about rope pulls, will they still be allowed as an acceptable use for starting an engine?

TIA
Clay
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Rules for 09/ In particular starters
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 09:35:33 PM »
ah, ah, ahhhhhh....dont be startin any rumers boys... just be patient... the SCTA will put it on ther cite when and if change happens.... i know you boys dont allow cussin and fightin on this cite so rumer spreadin shouldnt be allowed eithor...
kent

Offline RichFox

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 10:30:25 PM »
There is a list of proposed changes that said something about cars that are supposed to have starters use them to start. No pushing and no plugging a Top Fuel type starter into the blower. I think it was Mod Sport that was the cause of all this. But as I understood it, this is a proposal at this time and doesn't applie to Alt Coup or gas roadster. Both of mine start anyway.  So I didn't pay close attention.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 03:20:00 AM »
Suppose... propose... yep those are all words that equal rumor.... instead of throwing out supposes and proposes why don’t you just wait until you get “actual” or “factual” changes if even their are any.... we will probably see something on the SCTA site by Dec or Jan and you will still have 5 to 8 months to make compliance…. so lets not post any “ billy bob told me” stuff…. 

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 02:32:54 PM »
  Although I whole heartedly agree with rumor control, it would be nice to know what rule changes are proposed before they are voted in to effect.
  I know that in the past, some rules have been enacted without enough input.  As an example, the head restraint rule which is at best confusing and hopefully can be better written and with perhaps some diagrams such as the roll cage drawings. 
  Another example would be for some one about to purchase, lets say ,a new head restraint system.  If a person is about to spend a thousand bucks on one only to find out a month later that it is not deemed legal, he or she is not going to be very happy.  JMO,  Bob............
Bob Drury

dwarner

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »
Your club president has the proposed changes in hand.

DW

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »
Thank's Dan.............
Bob Drury

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 10:10:26 PM »
Actually I was not intending on opening a discussion of rules simply because rules are rules, and if the rules are printed in the rule book I have to comply if I want to run my car its as simple as that.
Right now my engine and trans axle is totally out of the car. This year I blew a hole in my trans axle. I was hoping to have everything back in and running by February with out pulling all nighters to be ready for the new season, also I have to fabricate new supports so I have to account for that as well in testing my designs to see if the new design will support what I am doing before tech inspection at WOS, I really don't want to remove the engine, and install it again because of rule changes, thats just silly!
The issue that I have is its extremely difficult to install an electric starter in my car, and if other rules are going to interfere with my configuration, then I have to comply. Just trying to make my life easier.

Clay  
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!