Author Topic: number plates  (Read 3900 times)

Offline 2stroke

• New folks
number plates
« on: August 21, 2008, 08:45:18 PM »
As I look at the photos taken at ECTA events, I see a variety of vehicles (primarily motorcycles) that seem to be missing number plates.  Not wanting to run afoul of these rules, I have a relatively small motorcycle with no good legal spot for plates, and was wondering about attaching them to the rear struts (where they would unfortunately extend past the rear axle), attach them to the rear fender (my favorite solution although again, they would extend past the rear axle), or have only one plate attached to the front of the fork tubes running between the triple clamps.   I don't believe any of these locations would allow the plates to function as an aerodynamic assisting device; I have NO desire to cheat, if I can't go fast legally, I'll stay home. I'd appreciate some advice so I can finish this thing and get ready for Sept./Oct.   

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: number plates
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 08:49:43 PM »
The numbers don't HAVE to be on a plate -- on any large surface will (LIKELY) do.  Maybe you can put them on the rear seat panel (assuming it's hard, not cushion).  If you would post a photo of your bike a few of us will likely be able to help you out and get the numbers not only legal -- but displayed so Al, the starter, won't be cranky because he isn't satisfied with the placement of the #'s.

We all want you to be able to run -- so get a photo or three and let us help you.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

LVMAXX

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 11:26:03 PM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:23:49 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 10:11:31 AM »
Richard --
No, I haven't seen him -- and was wondering if he was out here at all.  I'll presume that he is since you ask -- but I haven't seen hide nor hair of the cuss for a long time. 

Nancy and I still plan to be in the greater Lovelock metro area next Tuesday noontime-early afternoon.  We'll be expecting the Prime Minister and the Official Flapper to greet us and give us the 45-cent tour of the facility.  Once we get a grip on when we'll roll out of Wendover I'll give you a call to set up the meeting place -- most likely the palace will be okay, but if you'd rather have us arrive on the Royal jet it'd be fine, too.  I don't know if we'll overnight in Lovelock or mosey down the road -- won't decide 'til we see what time it is when we're wherever we are.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

LVMAXX

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 11:37:21 AM »
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:23:22 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline 2stroke

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 09:47:30 PM »
Slim;

The 'Professor' emailed Patty that he would be here today, but nothing since. You can meet us at the Palace, then take the tour(s), meet Judy (Wife), and Patty (WCTA Local Rep).

MAXX (aka richard)
MAXX2RACING
 8-) 8-) 8-)

Geez guys,  i have been on the road for over a month.  I just finished working in Ely -  using a trailer i equiped with 2 marine radars and a bunch of patented stuff (I created!) to track bats flying out of a night roost and documenting their use of the landscape!  So I went home! I do after all have a real job -  some people with very poor judgement pay me a considerable sum to pontificate to Americas young minds!  Boy - they have no idea what kind of revolutionary left wing crap I fill their brains with (to counteract Maxes right wing hooey!)
I planned  on being in lovelock/battlemountain for the open road race this weekend -  but right now I am laid out with a nasty Virus -  so I don't know if I will be making it or not -  I have to wait and see if I can travel tommorrow!

Carl J
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

LVMAXX

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 10:15:38 PM »
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:24:57 AM by LVMAXX »