Author Topic: Propster is illegal, Why?  (Read 37475 times)

427MG

Re: Propster is illegal, Why?
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2008, 10:44:31 AM »
Once again. Your car may very well be accepted as an Altered sedan. Contact the people who actually can give you an answer. Franklin was offered the chance to run his car at Bonneville and Maxton. His excuse for not running it was that he has been so unsuccessful in his life that he can not afford to travel to Utah. I believe that.

I'm working on that one, just waiting for a reply and a new rule book. :-D    I tend to work on the theory that I screwed up with the design, a chance to run this car is a bonus. 8-)

I hadn't realised Franklin had been given that offer, that would be a singular honour in anyones book to be invited to an event so why turn it down????

Has anyone seen pictures or other evidence of the Propster, test run figures etc?

Offline RichFox

« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2008, 10:53:59 AM »
Some time ago (this has been ongoing for 3 or 4 years) Franklin posted pictures of his car. It appears to be built from go kart parts as more of a display then a prototype. My understanding is that observed performance has been disappointing, with top speeds being quite short of the donor VW car.

Offline Ratliff

« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »
Some time ago (this has been ongoing for 3 or 4 years) Franklin posted pictures of his car. It appears to be built from go kart parts as more of a display then a prototype. My understanding is that observed performance has been disappointing, with top speeds being quite short of the donor VW car.

It appears you should refrain from even thinking you know anything about the project let alone saying anything about it, since your assumptions are clueless to the point of being asinine.

427MG

« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2008, 11:04:23 AM »

It appears you should refrain from even thinking you know anything about the project let alone saying anything about it, since your assumptions are clueless to the point of being asinine.

That doesn't answer my question, from someone who has an interest in all things different whether quick or not.

Is this a running vehicle that you've built that I could see some pictures of or is it an excercise in theories that have yet to be proven. I am honestly interested, from an engineering point of view, in what you've actually achieved with your ideas.

Offline Ratliff

« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2008, 11:20:58 AM »

That doesn't answer my question, from someone who has an interest in all things different whether quick or not.

Is this a running vehicle that you've built that I could see some pictures of or is it an excercise in theories that have yet to be proven. I am honestly interested, from an engineering point of view, in what you've actually achieved with your ideas.

It's a real running vehicle that has made real runs.

427MG

« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2008, 11:22:36 AM »

It's a real running vehicle that has made real runs.

That tells me a lot. :roll:

Pictures???

Offline aircap

« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2008, 11:30:43 AM »

Instead of insulting people, why don't you just post the pix, Ratliff?
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

427MG

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2008, 02:19:46 PM »
It's all gone quiet, is this a normal response to a direct question from an interested party?

Offline Ratliff

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2008, 02:23:44 PM »
It's all gone quiet, is this a normal response to a direct question from an interested party?

The computer with the pictures and me are currently not in the same location.

427MG

« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2008, 02:31:53 PM »
I await with interest..... 8-)

Offline RichFox

« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2008, 03:22:52 PM »

427MG

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »
Thanks Rich, that looks a little how I imagined it would....although the unshielded prop was a bit of a surprise. :-o

I wonder if there'll be any others?

Offline Ratliff

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2008, 05:01:32 PM »
Thanks Rich, that looks a little how I imagined it would....although the unshielded prop was a bit of a surprise. :-o

I wonder if there'll be any others?

Airplanes don't have shielded props either. And nobody requires guards around those spinning disks on motorcycles called wheels. Unlike airboats, racecars already have a cage around the driver. Airboats have a cage around the prop because (A) they would otherwise have no where to mount the rudders (B) they need something to keep brush and branches off the prop and (C) there would otherwise be nothing between the driver and passengers and the prop.

Offline doug odom

• Global Moderator
    • popmotorsports.com
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2008, 05:02:01 PM »
Thanks Rich for the picture, Now I know why the propster is always in a evil mood. If I would have wasted $17K and 9 years of my life I would be in the same condition.
Doug Odom in big ditch

How old would you be now if you didn't know how old you are?
If you can't race it or take it to bed - it ain't worth having.

Offline Ratliff

« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2008, 05:06:47 PM »
Thanks Rich for the picture, Now I know why the propster is always in a evil mood. If I would have wasted $17K and 9 years of my life I would be in the same condition.

Nobody makes money in land speed racing. Unlike some of those guys who've spent $50,000 or $100,000 or more, I incurred no debts on the propster. I did not rack up a credit card bill or a second mortgage. Everything was pay as you go. How many of you can say the  same?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:08:53 PM by Ratliff »