Author Topic: Project Hayabusa  (Read 47844 times)

Offline isiahstites

Re: Project Hayabusa
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 05:24:34 PM »
No, I am going to leave for it two reasons, 1st being time and the second being lack of knowledge on what exactly it does........until I research it, it is staying..........I am not gonna break any records on this bike right now as it is total stock. I would just like to try and get as close to 175 as possible and maybe get my B license.

Scott

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 05:33:21 PM »
I said it puts exhaust in the intake....this is wrong, it puts air in the exhaust.

It wont hurt anything to leave it on, but when it idles rough and backfires you will know where to go!

-JH
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »
Also you can exchange the 2 long velocity stacks in the airbox for 2 short (all shorts) and you will pick up HP on the top (you will loose 2 HP on the bottom and gain 5 on the top)

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 05:43:19 PM »
johnny... taking the par (not pair) off will loose hp....its a fact..period! and i didnt do my research on the internet i did mine on the DYNO....5 on the top for short stacks is totally crazy its like a 1/2 at the soft spot at 8500 and maybe 2 on the top and who cares about the bottom..... get off the internet and buy a dyno then you'll be living in the real world
kent

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 05:58:18 PM »
Kent, make no mistake I respect your opinion but I would like you to explain how adding air into the exhaust to promote combustion of unburnt fuel will add hp.

I could agree that it doesnt make more HP but can not get how it will make more HP with the Pair installed. The math just doesnt add up in my head.

I would like to see what JN says about it.

-JH

*Andres Segovia

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 07:14:26 PM »
I'm sure the PAR on the Busa is like the one on the 1000, you can pull the large hose that goes to the air box, and hook it to the hose that goes to the vent, then the PAR uses the exhaust to draw vacuum on the crankcase.  Kent, does this improve the HP?  Sure seemed to help the 1000.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 07:46:04 PM »
Stainless, what you are referring to is called the sucker mod for a hayabusa.

A very reputable engine builder told me that the engine doesnt pull enough vacuum at high RPMs to get a performance increase.

Some people argue that even at high RPMS the motor still pulls enough inches vac to help.

I cant say anything on this but many people say they are making bigger #s with this mod.

*Andres Segovia

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 08:17:22 PM »
stainless Yep!  :-D  Johnny...big HP or little HP it doesn't make a difference..ya add up all the little +"s and now ya got something.... tell your reputable engine builder he's wrong...you can show up any time and you can stick your finger on my hose and see for how much vacume for yourself.... The proof is on the dyno baby.... now on a drag bike a siphon vacuum system like this probably wont pull enough vacuum by the end of a pass thats why all the prostock bikes run 2 (TWO) electric vacuum pumps.. now on a 90 second LSR pass she shurely has enough vacuum to suck a bowling ball through a garden hose...especially if ya get in the PAR and port and modity it for better flow and performance.... score 1 for the dyno and 0 for the internet experts  :-D
kent

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »
KR, it would be somewhat naive on your part to assume that the "internet experts" I refer to do not themselves have a dyno.

*Andres Segovia

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 09:23:44 PM »
My 1000 has enough suction that if you take out the oil filler plug it will scare you into thinking it will suck your thumb into the clutch when you test to see if it is pulling a vacuum.   The vacuum line that controls the PAR is removed and it is always on...  We use the electric pump on the car for the same effect. 
All the little things add up sooner or later  :-D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:43:21 AM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 12:42:56 AM »
Kent, make no mistake I respect your opinion but I would like you to explain how adding air into the exhaust to promote combustion of unburnt fuel will add hp.

I could agree that it doesnt make more HP but can not get how it will make more HP with the Pair installed. The math just doesnt add up in my head.

I would like to see what JN says about it.

-JH

JH,

No you would not..

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 01:22:04 AM »
noonan's gotta do somethin with his hair dryer

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 09:25:30 AM »
Stainless  you are spot on--- it dosent matter where you get the + & -  from---- as long as one is able to get them to the correct area  you go faster.   need all the + going to the ground and the - to the air---very simple  right---lol :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 11:59:12 AM »
Johnny
yes it would be naive of me to think your internet experts dont have dynos.... that crossed cross into my head... what i actually was thinkin is, i dont think they know how to use their dyno.!... i figger a dyno is like a hammer... some people know how to hit the nail and others just hit there thumbs... as for internet experts, most should be hit with a hammer! :-o
kent

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 01:13:09 AM »
Well it has been awhile since I last posted on this build...........things have changed quite a bit for me........I went back to school full time to get a degree in business. Needless to say my time with bike is and will be limited. I have been thinning the heard and only have a few bikes left and they will be sold as well, I am going to keep the busa as my one and only bike.

I had big plans for this bike and still do, however they are going to take much longer with school, work, a wonderful 8 month old baby girl and my lovely wife. They all need lots of attention so the bike comes last.

Today I did have a few hours to work on the busa. It was great to be back in the garage turning wrenchs!!

I took the gas tank and air box off so I could get to the plugs and injectors.

I removed the injectors, I am giving them to my friend Kent who is going to send them off to his friend to check them out. It is possible one of them is clogged or blocked as the bike has been running weird.

Took off the radiator and oil cooler as well so I could install my new Yoshimura SS header.

Old header is removed and I am giving it to my friend Kent for all of the help he has and continues to give me.....

Here is what the bike looked like after a few hours

Kent is making me a pan for the seat so I can get my big ass out of the wind and I am going to fill the void in front of the seat with a hand built gas tank.

I have been buying parts to run no2 as well. So far, I have most of the lines, solenoids, bottle, purge systems, fuel pump, and a regulator. I am in the hunt for PCIII or equivelant and a no2 controller. I plan on running stock for a while and maybe by the end of the year I will be able to spray the bike.

Scott