Author Topic: Production and dashboards  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Evil Tweety

• Read more on Evil Tweety
Production and dashboards
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:57:48 PM »
So one page (under the main Production heading) says "A stock or full width dashboard is mandatory."  Then under /PRO, it says "The following items shall be retained in the stock location: . . . . dashboard, . . . "

So the part that says "A stock OR . . . " sounds to me like you can put in a different dash - am I correct?  And if so, just how far can this be taken provided it's full width?  (I'd like to put something aluminum in to give me more room to work in . . . )
Thanks!

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
Re: Production and dashboards
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »
I asked the same question a while back and my understanding is that you do not need to retain "the stock dash", or even a stock appearing clone of the original dash board, but you must have a suitable full width dash board with the required gauges.

Basis for the rule, as I understand it was folks were showing up to race with skeleton dash boards consisting of a couple gauges hung on ratty brackets and a birds nest of cobbled up wiring.

I may be mistaken but that is what I took away from the thread/discussion, although no one phrased it that specifically.

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,1514.0.html

Larry

Offline Evil Tweety

• Read more on Evil Tweety
Re: Production and dashboards
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:48:58 AM »
Thanks Larry!