Author Topic: rookie rule--------------------  (Read 13475 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: rookie rule--------------------
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 01:47:23 AM »
Jason this Rookie run stuff is crimping my plans you and I spoke about this morning.. :-(

Talk to you tomorrow..

J

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 02:03:20 AM »
Jason this Rookie run stuff is crimping my plans you and I spoke about this morning.. :-(

Talk to you tomorrow..

J

Unfortunate :oops: but in the name of safety. It's really weird when I first started LSR a whole year and half ago all I cared about was making runs on the bike. My attitude has so changed and now all I care about is making safe passes.

Scott

Offline hayaboosta

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 02:27:03 AM »
So boosta, who's your rookie rider?  8-)

There will be three, Ryan Keep, Al Lamb and Leslie Porterfield.  The first and last on 'Busa's. :-D
200 MPH Club X 7
Bonneville  "Naked"
 El Mirage    "Naked"
  Maxton       "Naked"
   Mojave        "Naked"
    Loring          "Naked"
     Bub 201       "Naked"
      Texas           "Clothed" (by accident)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 06:28:36 AM »
the mass response...

Jason thanks, good advice all around! What you are suggesting is a lot of why I'm asking questions now. When I get confused and ask questions to try to get clarification (with the intention of doing the right thing) I often come off as argumentative when in reality it's just me getting frustrated with myself that I don't understand. Knowing that there's some special consideration up front lets me ask the more important question to get me through and be cooperative as I intend. Those of you that know me/us know that we're all about following rules & safety! Thanks for the tips on riding out there too. The only thing I can relate it to is riding in the rain. Same concept, easy on & off the throttle so at least I'm well practiced there. We'll see how I do if I get a chance to ride! I have visions of me ending up like Jason Britton, 143 & I'm done! (yeah I know his bike wasn't set up right! ;) )

John is Michelle going to have to do all of this licensing as well then? To my knowledge she's run at ElMirage in the 180 range but I don't know if she's run on the salt. Let's talk when we get out there and maybe I'll tag along with her for the rookie runs to try to get this stuff down. (if she can stand me! lol )

Scott, we've learned that lesson the hard way! Even when you think you're being safe there's always room for improvement!

Thanks boosta. I'm not familiar with Ryan & Al but of course know about Leslie. I saw her on the preregistration list and am looking forward to meeting her along with the other biker babes that will be running. Is she running that '08 of hers?

We leave tomorrow! YEAH!!
Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 09:42:29 AM »
.............. In the example above a new rider can buy a turbo busa and run over 200 in 3 runs..........

4 runs at least. Run 1 = 125-149. Run 2 = 150-174. Run 3 175-199.  Run 4 200-249.  Also you couldn't move to the long course till after the 3rd run as on the second you can't run the 175 at the 2 1/4 that would qualify you for the long course.

c ya Sat. afternoon.  We will call you on the way up and get instructions on how we get back on I80 west from your hotel,

Sum

Thanks Sum, the license break down I think I understand (I think! LOL )
Thanks for the reminder on the directions, I already forgot!!! LOL But it is written on my paper plate full of notes at home!!!  :-D

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 11:16:18 AM »
Don't think you are being singled out. All they want is a safe meet. Past experience is always a good way to run things. The rookies that run big motor cars get the same treatment.

If Valentino Rossi showed up with his MotoGP bike he would get treated exactly the same way.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 07:57:15 PM »
this thread started with a question--can you qualify for a record on your first rookie run at bonneville---i just got back from bonneville yesturday  and here is the answer---yes and no ---yes you can if you run under 125 mph---no you cant if you run over 125 mph because it is a license upgrade pass if you run over 125 mph on the first pass you didnt have a license for that speed so no qualifying for a record ---sheri raised the record from 97 mph to 101 in sc-pf in 2 passes  --i blew up my motor on my first pass (greed)  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Super Kaz

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2008, 07:48:19 PM »
Don't think you are being singled out. All they want is a safe meet. Past experience is always a good way to run things. The rookies that run big motor cars get the same treatment.

If Valentino Rossi showed up with his MotoGP bike he would get treated exactly the same way.

Deb,
Don't worry he does :wink:! 1 WARNING Get Your Leather's Fixed ahead of Time :-o!Nothin against Pablo the shoe repairman in Wendover,but my Brand New $2500 Race Leather's had the Neck and the Crotch sewn together :x!Thank God that Race was Rained Out while I was trying to Breath in the Staging lane :mrgreen:!
Kaz...................

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 07:58:52 PM »

Deb,
Don't worry he does :wink:! 1 WARNING Get Your Leather's Fixed ahead of Time :-o!Nothin against Pablo the shoe repairman in Wendover,but my Brand New $2500 Race Leather's had the Neck and the Crotch sewn together :x! :mrgreen:!
Kaz...................

SKaz, that should have helped your tuck a little  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Super Kaz

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2008, 12:06:22 AM »

Deb,
Don't worry he does :wink:! 1 WARNING Get Your Leather's Fixed ahead of Time :-o!Nothin against Pablo the shoe repairman in Wendover,but my Brand New $2500 Race Leather's had the Neck and the Crotch sewn together :x! :mrgreen:!
Kaz...................

SKaz, that should have helped your tuck a little  :roll:
and my Opera sining :-o!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 01:08:25 AM »
1.  Tell Pablo I still owe him the $ 10.00

2.  We were trying to tell you that you were suffering from a bad case of head to rectal inversion when you said that a Turbo V-rod would run with a Turbo Busa   :-D

3.  You got that ride ready for El Mo in less than two weeks?  :cheers:

saltfever

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2008, 05:20:26 AM »
I was helping out in impound this year.  I don't know if this will help or not. As you all know your timing tag is time stamped. You have to check into impound within one hour of the timing tag time-stamp. On two occasions the driver had to leave impound with the timing tag (after check-in) so he could go back up to the line to get it signed by the starter for his licensing pass. So those are two occasions when a licensing pass qualifed for a record. I remember this because there is paper work to be filled out in impound. Your vehicle class, existing record, fuel type, etc, all have to be checked. Your qualifying time is on that timing tag that went back up to the starting line for license signature. So all paperwork is suspended as the exuberant :-D driver is gone. Your team starts your 4 hour maintenance and I go on to others who have been waiting for hours. On one occasion the team finished maintenance and the driver never returned with the slip until long after they had left impound. That is a good way to get a license but risk loosing a qualifying run.