Author Topic: Step Pans/Secondary Flooring  (Read 6807 times)

dwarner

Re: Step Pans/Secondary Flooring
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 12:05:01 AM »
JD answered yet again with the same info. Lets leave it at that.

4BMike - don't do it. I have already put in a rule change adding yet more words to a very simple rule.

DW

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 12:15:52 AM »
My apologies to all: I got a little carried away on what started out to be a slightly tongue-in-cheek commentary on Rich's quote (?paraphrase? para-quote?) of what DW described without class distinction.

I have no problems with a flat floor in my street roadster, in fact, to accommodate a "dipped" floor, I'd pretty much have to build a new chassis.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 01:52:56 AM »
I'll throw a little fun for the fire but you must remember what I'm talking about is STOCK for the year of the car. If you ever see a 32 Ford street roadster and the guy looks like he is sitting pretty low; the '32 did have a dip in the stock floorboard to store the side curtins under the seat. At one time we did not define a seat and guys put in a back and sat right on the floorboards in that dip. Man your head was barely above the door ledge. Pretty cool. It could still be done but the seat would be a lot of work and would definatly need a front support plus a main framing under the seat. mkilger... I won't be at B'ville until October. Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 08:35:16 PM »
Dan,

Hopefully your added words on the subject will not be added to Street Roadster rules, it is already the longest section of all vehicles, I checked.

JD, we will miss you at Speed Week!

Tom

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 01:48:25 AM »
Mike Waters has pointed out to me 10" infront of the centerline of the axle. He is correct I don't what I was thinking about. JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline mkilger

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 11:14:09 AM »
I have a few $100 bills ready for speedweek this year , Is it a step pan or floorboard?? LOL  just kidding good luck at speedweek.