Author Topic: NHRA sold!?  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
NHRA sold!?
« on: August 01, 2008, 04:58:26 PM »
I't looks like the long rumored purchase by Bruton Smith's SMI (Speedway Motorsports) Corp. has come true and he has bought the NHRA. More to come.

You know Bruton, he's the guy that owns Charlotte (Lowes) speedway (among others) and is building the 4 lane drag strip in Charlotte.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:27:15 PM by Dynoroom »
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
Re: NHRA sold!?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:56:34 PM »
Searching with Google News and checking several drag racing-related forums provided nothing about this.

The closest thing I found was an article from a week ago, saying, ""SMI has enhanced its investment in NHRA with the addition of zMAX Dragway at Concord." The article is at http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=300133&FS=NHRA

What's your source for this?

Super Kaz

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 04:03:37 PM »
NHRA Pro Stock Bike Racer ready and able if anyone wants to go Drag Racing 8-)! I Hope he does GREAT :-D!!!

dwarner

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 08:22:21 PM »

Offline aircap

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 12:24:29 AM »
Well, Bruton is not in the drag biz, and I am wondering why he built a spanking new 4 lane all concrete dragstrip next to one of his NASCAR speedways. He ain't no dummy - so I bet he IS buying the NHRA or sumthin'.

Now - I dread what will happen if he does. Time will tell.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 10:06:24 PM »
Bruton is in trouble ... looks like the Kentucky Raceway deal is dying ... It doesnt look like he will buy anything for a while ... Joe