Author Topic: Jerico or Lenco Trans??  (Read 26743 times)

Offline lukesdaddy

• New folks
Re: Jerico or Lenco Trans??
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 09:35:30 PM »
I appreciate all the input.  I just stopped by to see Doug Robinson of BMR racing and he is running a Lenco clone on his 1800 hp Nitro car.  He has run a Jerico in the past but he even recommended I use the new Liberty because of having 2 gear shafts that would spread the load.  I don't want to run a transaxle as I know they are not very efficient.  I drag race a turbo VW Bug.  I know the VW box is not the same as what Teague was using but it still the same principle.  Didn't he end up changing out the transaxle?  Doug also said the same thing about the Jerico's and how the Pro Stock guys had problems.

Thanks again.

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 09:48:34 PM »
I believe the top 15 in Pro Stock run the Liberty. Talk to Craig at Liberty he is the designer/owner and he will be able to answer all your questions.  Some time ago they had a system that worked with the MSD boxes and was shifting based on the ignition system.  It made the Liberty almost a automatic.  It was baned in NHRA, but they may have some around.  If not I see them every once in awhile come up for sale.
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

JAS

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 07:03:54 AM »
Andy.

Hello.

I am considering a Winters Extremliner for an altered coupe due to the obvious good advantage of easy gear change.  Have you come across any information that shows an Extremliner rear can handle high HP?

Thanks.
John.

Offline lukesdaddy

• New folks
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 09:32:32 AM »
When I asked, they said about 3000 hp. 

Offline lukesdaddy

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 09:46:04 AM »
OK, new question.  Now that I have had input from a number of sources.  Can anyone tell me the advantages or dis-advantages of the Liberty vs. the GForce?  The free wheeling of the Liberty is definetly a disadvantage in my opinion.

Thanks,

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 09:50:01 AM »
Wait untill you blow an eng over 2----then you might not feel that way---Much to my regrett---I have used the freewheel option on my GV
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline lukesdaddy

• New folks
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 10:46:26 AM »
Sparky, I am still not awake yet this morning.  Do you mean having the transmission free wheel was a benifit when the engine blew? 

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 12:47:49 AM »
YEAH---the rear tires don't lock up and blowout----you just continue on down the track---hearing some very unusual rattles and such
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline lukesdaddy

• New folks
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 02:39:19 PM »
Thanks to everyone for there comments.  I just ordered the Liberty Extreme  5 speed with air shift.  I talked to all the manufactures and Liberty seemed to give me the most info.  I will let you know how it turned out.

Andy