Author Topic: Turbocharging carburated motorbike engine.  (Read 72151 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Turbocharging carburated motorbike engine.
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2010, 02:01:38 PM »
Thanks guys--- my senior CRS I had forgotten this thread
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 02:11:00 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
That's okay, Sparky.  The guy is all gone now.  Thanks to Peter Jack for tipping me off to the spambot.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2010, 11:54:40 PM »
What did I miss :?  is none of this info good  :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 12:17:11 AM »
You're OK Sparky. The reply directly above yours was a spambot that had gone undetected for a while. You can keep marching in the same direction. :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »
Since the oiling system question has come up on this thread; I will post our questions here, to try to keep this all together.

Because we have the Rotax Eng with roller brgs. I have been advised we will have to use a stand alone oiling system.  Any suggestions on a pump that has some lift capability to pressure rise the turbo. We am guessing we need about 25 Psi through 1/8" ID

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2010, 06:23:41 PM »
I have decided to go with RB Racing---they are B'Villers and have a long track record with bikes and turbos .

We have our single cyl Rotax 490 project going on under builds

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2010, 08:22:38 PM »
Thanks again guy for this forum--I reread the subject---saved me from putting my O2 sensor in the wrong place. It is now just in front of the Turbo

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2010, 04:26:40 AM »
Sparky,

Only pay RB with a credit card as they have a worldwide history of not sending off orders that were prepaid from around the world, ask Ian King from kingracing in merry old England, last I heard he was not to merry.. :evil:  I once was a local company neighbor yo them and asked about a turbo system for a GSXR1100 and was told to send 5K to start and I would be advised of the time needed and what the additional cost would be after I send my 5K deposit.. :roll:

J

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2010, 08:56:04 AM »
John thanks for the heads up---I did order with a credit card--- we will see if it comes. will watch the charges.