Author Topic: Harley to Hayabusa  (Read 17096 times)

Offline isiahstites

Re: Harley to Hayabusa
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 07:51:37 PM »

hmmm... so should we expect Scott to mold the new busa to a V-twin look alike too?  :-D

I made

Deb, My Buell don't look like a Buell and when I am done with the Busa it won't look like a Busa........

From what I can see it looks like the frame was untouched……
Now all you need is that carbon fiber body that SSS has for sale and about 35 PSI.

-JH

JH - I haven't looked really close, but it appears to me the frame was untouched and I did hit Slim up on the bodywork, but it is not what I am looking for.......

Kaz, Kaz, Kaz........you know as well as I that if you want to go really fast it's probably not going to happen on a HD, and if does there will be lots of agony to get there and you be broke.........sound familiar?? I WANT TO GO REALLY FAST!!

Scott

Scott,
  I feel your Pain. Please keep sending HD reject parts. :)
God Bless,
Sam

Sam - I will send you what I can.........I got some old barrels......do you need them?

Scott

Super Kaz

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 11:06:37 PM »

hmmm... so should we expect Scott to mold the new busa to a V-twin look alike too?  :-D

I made

Deb, My Buell don't look like a Buell and when I am done with the Busa it won't look like a Busa........

From what I can see it looks like the frame was untouched……
Now all you need is that carbon fiber body that SSS has for sale and about 35 PSI.

-JH

JH - I haven't looked really close, but it appears to me the frame was untouched and I did hit Slim up on the bodywork, but it is not what I am looking for.......

Kaz, Kaz, Kaz........you know as well as I that if you want to go really fast it's probably not going to happen on a HD, and if does there will be lots of agony to get there and you be broke.........sound familiar?? I WANT TO GO REALLY FAST!!

Scott

Scott,
  I feel your Pain. Please keep sending HD reject parts. :)
God Bless,
Sam

Sam - I will send you what I can.........I got some old barrels......do you need them?

Scott

Scott
you knom i'm just yankin your chain after you just talk me off the LEDGE OF DARKNESS the last time we spoke :wink:! Heck I MIGHT NOT Always race a V-ROD :-o
How's Momma Feelling? Wishing here WELL!
I hope you go as fast as you dare no matter what it's on :-D
HOPE TO SEE,AND THE NEW FAM  SOON,
Kaz

landracing

Re: Harley to real bike
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 11:26:13 PM »

[/quote]

Scott
[/quote]

Scott,

Damn I never thought you would go to the other side. I enjoyed your harley build... But your statement above man o man, You need to talk to John Minnono, he went 223 on a HD first time out with his new harley and it didnt even run very good...... darn went from a innovative harley junkie who just wanted to build what he wanted, to a just another busa guy.... :(   Just joking. I anxiously await what you do different on the busa from the others... Keep the creative side into the busa project...

Jon

Offline isiahstites

Re: Harley to real bike
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 12:40:03 AM »

Scott
[/quote]

Scott,

truckstop I never thought you would go to the other side. I enjoyed your harley build... But your statement above man o man, You need to talk to John Minnono, he went 223 on a HD first time out with his new harley and it didnt even run very good...... darn went from a innovative harley junkie who just wanted to build what he wanted, to a just another busa guy.... :(   Just joking. I anxiously await what you do different on the busa from the others... Keep the creative side into the busa project...

Jon

[/quote]

Jon,

I have seen John Minnono's bike in detail and he built a helluva bike! I have a lot of respect for the time, money and energy that went in that moster. I believe the difference in building a fast HD and a fast Busa is budget. For the money I put into the Buell I will go 175 mph and if I am lucky 180 mph tops. Now if I would of put the same money into a busa I could at least be over 200 mph.

Also Jon, if what is in my head gets built the way I see it you will still think I am innovative and that I just want to build. First thing to go bye, bye on this busa will be the frame.

Scott

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 02:14:46 AM »
Scott,

I enjoyed your Harley build and look forward to seeing you in the staging lanes no matter what kind of ride you're on. 

I second Deb's comments.  Looking forward to your Busa build!  $2,300 is a smokin deal.

Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 02:16:39 AM »
Scott,

I enjoyed your Harley build and look forward to seeing you in the staging lanes no matter what kind of ride you're on. 

I second Deb's comments.  Looking forward to your Busa build!  $2,300 is a smokin deal.

Shane - Maybe one day I will be as fast as the rest  of you guys!

I washed the bike this evening so I didn't get dirty every time I walked passed the bike and it sure makes my $2700 deal feel that much sweeter when the bike looks better.

The cover with the roadrash is cracked and I think it is leaking oil.........what is it??

Thanks guys,
Scott

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 02:23:08 AM »
Scott,

That cover that is rashed is a starter cover and is a very cheap part to replace, order one and a new gasket and you are good to go..very cheap!

J

racin jason

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 02:48:33 AM »
Welcome to the FAST side Scott! $2700 for the bike $13,000 for a good turbo system!

John you have any spare starter cover plugs? the big one that covers the crank end?
mine strip themselves!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2008, 12:08:24 PM »
........... $13,000 for a good turbo system!............

Jason what all are you including in that $13,000 (heck that would be my Soc. Sec. for a year)?

Thanks,

Sum

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 12:10:18 PM »

Jason what all are you including in that $13,000 (heck that would be my Soc. Sec. for a year)?

Thanks,

Sum

Sum,

From what I have seen it is a complete kit with everything, however Jason or John can elaborate more. I am going to build as much as I can to keep the cost down.

Scott

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 12:26:19 PM »

Thanks,

Sum

Sum,

From what I have seen it is a complete kit with everything, however Jason or John can elaborate more. I am going to build as much as I can to keep the cost down.

Scott

Turbo/intercooler/pipes??  Or is that with rods, pistons, computer changes??

Yes I will be building everything except for the turbo itself.  I really need to start learning more in this area fast.  I can see $600-900 for a turbo, but Bob Moreland told me for our limited use he would go with one of the China turbos.  I don't know if he still feels that way or not (John N. what about it??).  Anybody ever use twin turbos on a 'busa.  I have 2 IHI's off of a Maserati bi-turbo that was a 2.8 liter motor and they would produce enough boost to blow the motor up more than once and is the reason they came to live with me.  The Maserati got a sbc transplant.

Ok I need good rods and pistons $600-$800 for a set of each of those.  I still don't see why I can't get megasquirt to work with this setup (Rick went darn fast with one).  What else are going to be the big money items or a bunch of smaller money items like clutch, maybe trans. mods.  I need to know.

Intercoolers have also come way down, but I have more options with the car to package things and you might also with a streamliner, but I can see on a bike everything has to be as compact as possible.

Thanks,

Sum

Super Kaz

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 12:41:40 PM »

Thanks,

Sum

Sum,

Scott

Turbo/intercooler/pipes??  Or is that with rods, pistons, computer changes??

Yes I will be building everything except for the turbo itself.  I really need to start learning more in this area fast.  I can see $600-900 for a turbo, but Bob Moreland told me for our limited use he would go with one of the China turbos.  I don't know if he still feels that way or not (John N. what about it??).  Anybody ever use twin turbos on a 'busa.  I have 2 IHI's off of a Maserati bi-turbo that was a 2.8 liter motor and they would produce enough boost to blow the motor up more than once and is the reason they came to live with me.  The Maserati got a sbc transplant.

Ok I need good rods and pistons $600-$800 for a set of each of those.  I still don't see why I can't get megasquirt to work with this setup (Rick went darn fast with one).  What else are going to be the big money items or a bunch of smaller money items like clutch, maybe trans. mods.  I need to know.

Intercoolers have also come way down, but I have more options with the car to package things and you might also with a streamliner, but I can see on a bike everything has to be as compact as possible.

Thanks,

Sum

Sum,
Check out this website to My and I Think Jason's Turbo Builder .
Richard Peppler of RCC Turbos http://rccturbos.com/ .
Check the Ultra Kit as that ought give you all the answers that you asked
The Bi-Turbo's are JUNK as I used to have one and did a complete engine resto with new Turbo's and everything!
You get what you pay for and those china Turbos won't last a Month.
Good Luck and Keeps us posted,
Kaz...............

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 12:09:07 PM »
Well thanks to some over the phone tech support from John Noonan I was able to "hot wire" the bike yesterday and get her running. I also after some very low speed handling and brake tests was able to ride her and open it up just a tiny bit...........the motor feels real strong.

Scott

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 12:19:44 PM »
wow!  :-o you're brave!

Glad to hear it's a runner!

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

racin jason

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 01:00:57 PM »
Sum ,
 A basic 280hp turbo kit runs around $4k no internal mods needed. A handy guy could build some of the pipes and header and save some money. Richard will sell you components if you like.

Another turbo builder started supplying the chinese turbos and soon switched baack after many quality control issues.

I built a turbo honda 600 starting with a IHI turbo. I used header u bends and rad hoses to connect the trubo to the intercooler and plenum. The bike made 210hp and i had less than $1000 in the whole kit ( I got the turbo for free)

The 640 hp kit is $13k plus rods, pistons, studs, trans mission,lock up clutch, hd output shaft.
Figure around $17-20k all in.

One things for sure once you get a taste for boost you will be turning it up.