Author Topic: Trick Racing Fuel?  (Read 5954 times)

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
Trick Racing Fuel?
« on: July 30, 2008, 07:28:56 PM »
All of the sudden, this area (Seattle/Tacoma) has no VP or ERC 116 octane gas. I have been told I should buy Trick Racing Fuel "Super Trick" for my turbo bike, which is available. I will buy some ERC at Speedweek, but need some for testing before then.

Anyone know about this gas? Good or bad?
Thanks
Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline jimmy six

Re: Trick Racing Fuel?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:42:30 PM »
I have run it many times over the years but never supercharged. I have never had a problem with it. Good luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline edjboard

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:41:42 PM »
go erc web site,they deliver

Offline hayaboosta

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 01:27:11 AM »
Hey Don-
  There were some problems with it about 10 years ago in Las Vegas.  It could of been one particular "batch" but several racers over a period of 3-4 months experienced ill running vehicles.  Racers swapped to VP or Turbo Blue and their problems went away.  Trick never really recovered from the bad mouthing in the drag scene while I lived there. 
200 MPH Club X 7
Bonneville  "Naked"
 El Mirage    "Naked"
  Maxton       "Naked"
   Mojave        "Naked"
    Loring          "Naked"
     Bub 201       "Naked"
      Texas           "Clothed" (by accident)

Super Kaz

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 11:33:23 AM »
Hey Don-
  There were some problems with it about 10 years ago in Las Vegas.  It could of been one particular "batch" but several racers over a period of 3-4 months experienced ill running vehicles.  Racers swapped to VP or Turbo Blue and their problems went away.  Trick never really recovered from the bad mouthing in the drag scene while I lived there. 

hayaboosta,
I think I was one of those Lucky Racer's back in the day:oops:!
I Have found VP-C-116 has always come through on all my Turbo Race stuff,but
on my N/A Ducati 748R'S,and V-rod's used to Love NUTEC {+6 rwhp} :evil: with no other mod!
Just make sure your storage space is ventilated as that stuffs Vapors were Lethal :-o!
Good Luck,and have Fun,
Kaz...............

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 08:10:45 PM »
Just to update this thread:

I just ran the Trick 100 octane unleaded at El Mirage and the fuel passed testing.  The number was 3.1 (whatever the number means :) )

For reference, at Bonneville I ran ERC MUL (light purple) and the number measured on the tester was 3.something to 5.something over the week.

Trick 100 octane unleaded will pass the fuel test at El Mirage
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4