Author Topic: ATV record..??  (Read 4382 times)

SpinCycle

ATV record..??
« on: April 21, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »
does anyone know what the land speed record for an atv is, or how an atv is classed?? I am in to sand dragging with my atvs and someone has told me that the speed record for an atv was 98mph. I know that's probably not true and that atvs are probably broken up into some sort of classes, help me out here I'm a newbie to this top speed stuff. I have an atv that is 650ccs and one that is 760ccs, ideas on classing or the records??

thnx..

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: ATV record..??
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 04:40:00 PM »
There are no classes for ATV's All vehicles must meet the safety rules of SCTA. A rule book can be ordered at www.scta-bni.org.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

dwarner

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »
Spin,

Try this place:
 HOW DO I ENTER:
 *     Simple
 *     Entry forms are being created now and will be posted at www.TexasMile.com
 *     You may also call us at 281-802-9863 or 817-243-2286 to request a mailed or faxed form.
 *     Or e-mail us at info@nasatx.com and we can e-mail you the entry.
 *     Entry fee: $135 (Late Fee:$30 if entry received after May 16, 2004.

Good luck,

Dan

dwarner

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »
Spin,

Just found another venue, better than Texas. Front page of this website, www.speedtrialsbybub.com

Might be a good deal for you.

Dan

UK Malcolm

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »
Spin,

To check for record speed with this type of vehicle (ATV or 'Quad') - that is known the world over - try the Guinness World Record website.

If you have no luck at a sanctioned event then perhaps, like many Brits, you will have to hire a site and go for a private run though the clocks (or use a GPS timing system.

In the UK a deaf blind rider has set speed records on a Quad with a sighted passenger behind him - running up a 2 mile runway.  Might be able to find his speed with a bit of research.  Texas facility would seem to offer similar track conditions.

Malcolm

UK Malcolm

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »
Checked my records and found that Graham Hicks (who is deaf/blind) rode a Honda TRX400EX with 152 hp at 1100 cc to a two way record timed in the UK of 104 mph with his quicker pass at 116 mph.  Good luck in beating that target.
 Malcolm