Author Topic: Spinning Street Roadster  (Read 26346 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Spinning Street Roadster
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »
Great info, I guess.  I think that when the tunnel isn't treated to the unobstructed spinning front wheels, your results may vary.

Doesn't that car still take a spin on the salt once in a while?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2008, 03:09:13 PM »

Hi Mike

Thanks for the link,thats the most info i have ever read about roadster aero , very enlightning - roll cage levering weight on rear end - cd-.521-lift on front -on and on-great! Now going to reread.

JL222

I went looking for the article on the net based on a comment by "interested bystander" in this thread: http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,2943.0.html

The article is discussed (and questioned some) here: http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,1014.0.html

I'm still trying for figure it all out, so any info helps.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline jl222

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2008, 03:59:22 PM »

The loading of the rear axle creating a stable situation. Peter Stevens-Mclaren FI designer.
  Pro advice.

JL222

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2008, 04:56:08 PM »
One other important item I forgot to mention. This pertains to open and locked rear end alike. The rear tire circumferance must be perfect. I mean perfect. Any diviation, even 1/32", will cause a problem at speed. I true my own tires on my car (too long to go on about here) mark them for the same mount spot every time they are off. Same for wheel runout. I use forged wheels when I can because they are perfect. I've beaten every steel wheel straight before I mount tires......Good Luck....JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline John Burk

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2008, 07:51:30 PM »
A roadster with driveshaft torque unequaly loading the rear tires seems like a tight rope walker in a variable cross wind . IRS with a torque tube that returned the torque directly to the engine without twisting the chassis would fix that .

John