Author Topic: 4WD/AWD  (Read 2891 times)

dwarner

4WD/AWD
« on: July 24, 2008, 06:28:39 PM »
I thought I should mention this, I have had to correct a least two competitors this year so far.

If your car is equipped OEM with 4WD/AWD it is allowed in a Production Category class only, page 22, section 2.P.

If you have a car with 4WD/AWD and plan to run in Altered class for instance the 4WD/AWD system must be disabled to allow either FWD or RWD(your choice). The Altered class is a subsection of the Modified Category, not Special Construction or Production Categories.

The manner in which the 4WD/AWD is disabled must be demonstrated in the impound area. If the system is activated via software be sure to demonstate that it is disabled before running. It is better to disable the system mechanically vrs. software as questions could arise as to whether the system was off or not.

Again, 4WD/AWD cannot be carried forward to classes other than those listed in the Production Category.

DW

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: 4WD/AWD
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 10:59:51 PM »
Dan, will that apply to Mod. Prod. Pickups---since it has Production in its name---thanks
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

dwarner

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 12:11:46 AM »
There is no such class as Modified Production Pickups.

There is Production Pickups in the Production Category, allowed.

There is Modified Pickups in the Modified Category, not allowed.

DW

dwarner

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 10:43:43 AM »
Sparky,

I mis-spoke in my previous reply. If you have a 4WD/AWD truck you must run it in the Modified Category, Modified Pickup class. Page 74, section 5.E.4.

I apologize,
DW

MCR

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 11:28:24 AM »
I'm told this does not apply to Diesel Pickup, DT class.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 01:24:58 PM »
Thanks Dan,----I mispoke also---but since I had contacted you earlier I was Paranoid...
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

dwarner

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 03:43:13 PM »
"I'm told this does not apply to Diesel Pickup, DT class"

The rules for DT class, Diesel Truck Category, point to Gas Coupe class, Modified Category. My interpetation of the rule means that 4WD/AWD is not allowed even if it is OEM.

Please contact the SCTA-BNI for a clarification www.scta-bni.org. I will too and we can see if we get different answers.

DW

MCR

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 04:06:13 PM »
...  sorry
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 04:59:16 PM by MCR »

dwarner

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 04:10:04 PM »
Pat,

That is whyI suggested you contact the SCTA-BNI, have you done that yet? I have.

DW

MCR

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 04:15:59 PM »
sorry not the place
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 04:39:59 PM by MCR »