Author Topic: More chute comments keep the other stuff in the original post....thanks.  (Read 3317 times)

dwarner

Ratliff,

If you are going to quote me please use the entire quote, do not pick and choose what portion suits your interests. I tried to take my opinion off line at the suggestion of others involved with this thread. You insisted to bring it back here. Got an answer to my question of how and when you approached FIM with your rider parachute theory? Their response?

DW
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:10:28 PM by Sumner »

Ratliff

Re: safe motorcycles LOL
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:38:07 PM »
Riders of naked bikes at over 200 mph need to be aware of windblast protection for their hands and arms. I've seen the video for an incident where a Top Fuel bike rider ended up separating from his bike because windblast separated his hand from the handlebar.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 07:40:14 PM by Ratliff »

dwarner

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 07:39:21 PM »
Nice answer to my question, very informative.

DW

Ratliff

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 07:41:58 PM »
Nice answer to my question, very informative.

DW

I've been discussing rider parachute facts. Others have been discussing rider parachute theories.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 07:47:16 PM »
Riders of naked bikes at over 200 mph need to be aware of windblast protection for their hands and arms. I've seen the video for an incident where a Top Fuel bike rider ended up separating from his bike because windblast separated his hand from the handlebar.

Ratliff:

Do you post just to see yourself in print? Look at the statement you just made in relation to the rules for a naked bike. By definition there is no wind blast protection. For a while you weren't bad but you're again starting to mess up the forums for everyone.

Pete

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 08:10:32 PM »
You can stop yelling at Franklin - he's now a guest.

I believe the topic was safe motorcycles.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 08:31:17 PM »

Riders of naked bikes at over 200 mph need to be aware of
windblast protection for their hands and arms.

ANYONE who has been over 200 MPH on a naked motorcycle
is well aware of the "wind blast......"

You can stop yelling at Franklin - he's now a guest.
I believe the topic was safe motorcycles.

A half dozen thumbs up to both of those last two statements.

Kaz's experience brought up a relevant issue that should remind us of a free safety benefit, one that some poeple aren't aware of being able to do (at least at Maxton, not sure at Bonneville or El Mirage). That is walking and/or driving the course for familiarization(especially shutdown). One of the best ways to get up close and personal is seeing if you can help with track setup and cleaning by the way.
Todd

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 08:48:42 PM »
At El Mirage there is a course walk on Saturday afternoon to clean any debris off the course. Each club is required to have so many members depending on the club size. There are usually about 50 people doing this each meet. Any one is allowed to look at the course on Saturday. Mose of the fast guys and gals do a drive to look it over. Always a good idea as the course is moved each month and everything changes. The shut down and turn out area is just as critical as the course itself. :-)
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 11:34:50 PM »
The shut down and turn out area is just as critical as the course itself. :-)

I now try to walk our track each meet on Friday morning. I find I'm more comfortable on my first run if I've seen the course and end up not burning off my first pass make a parade lap to check out & get comfortable with the track. Things change from meet to meet, it's an important peace of mind to be confident of where you're heading at high speed!

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol: