Author Topic: Bonniville NW Reunion  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Bonniville NW Reunion
« on: February 20, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »
Kudos to Glen Freudenberger who once again pulled the Rabbit out of his hat and masterfully emceed the 4th annual reunion last night.  Its allways great to see some of my Bville idols and chat with l50 other gearheads and spouses.  High lites included a great speeches by Tom Bryant and Joe Mondello and watching a unnamed (for legal reasons) male roadster driver from Spokane trying to wrestle the last piece of carrot cake from Tanis Hammond.  Big mistake.  Great to see Mr. and Mrs. Jon Amo and everyone else.  P.S.:  Marlo out wrestled the Apple King for the Big Spender Crown.   Again, Kudos to Freud................
Bob Drury

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Bonniville NW Reunion
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
Sorry, I guess this doesn't belong under Technical Forums, unless you are talking about the "acute bodily harm inflictment" that was mentioned by Tanis at the desert bar.(see above post).
Bob Drury

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »
Actually the % in the fuel mix is often the topic.
 Well oiled is another hot debate.
 It is always important to let the girls win some. That way you can lie a little more about how much you speand and why tire balance is more important that lawn growth.
 ENJOY
 I know you did.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Freud

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 02:51:00 AM »
Just don't forget FEBRUARY 18, 2006.
 That's the next gathering for the Bonneville Northwest Reunion.
 Thanks to Jon for his help in bringing these reports to all of you in cyberland.
 I am recovering, but slowly.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU,
 FREUD
Since '63

landracing

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »
Freud,

I think that we all need to thank you for bringing up such a great event to attend to help with the salt fix until August.
 My wife and I had such a great time, everybody made my wife feel so good there, she actually enjoyed it. Unlike Speedweek where she reads a complete book daily while at the salt. Now I just wish there was another banquet before speedweek.

We enjoyed meeting all the people who are on the website posting, nice to put a face with the board names. Bob Drury, Don Pennington, Smitty.

Even more so it was nice to meet Tanis's sister, Jeannie's boyfriend etc etc.

Marlo put on such a great private tour of the Evergreen Museum on Friday night, and opened up his spacious shop on Saturday afternoon to view his new car, Target 550, and Tom Bryant for his speech at the banquet. Just a great time all in all.

Jon

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »
JonAmo,
 Sounds like you got to see Marlo's car, big question! Will we see it next summer???? or even October.
 Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »
Rex
 I can answer that. No, 2006 is the schedule as the ammount of detail finish work will require that much time. The car is un real. The craftmenship is beyond words. As Jon stated the whole event was great. We had several new comers including Warren Bullis and Neil Thompson from So Cal as well as all of the Santa Barbara regulars. Matt Williams also a first timer to the banquet.

Marlo talked about the new tire development, Tom Bryant was the guest speaker and gave a great talk on his career in LSR. Joe Mondelo re-trained us all on cylinder heads and air flow..

Freud did well in starting this four years ago and wondering how well it would go over. Let me tell you, it went well as the increase in people each year shows it.

Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Rex Schimmer

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »
Glen,
 As much as I can't wait for next August I have the same feeling for 2006. Thanks for the update on Marlos car! As we all know the big stuff is easy it is the details that take time and make the car.

Glen, I think that I have meet you, do you know Jim Roden and did you work in Vernon at the place with all of the presses, shit I can't think of the name!!! Something Industries. I did some work on the bomb presses there.

Rex
Rex

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »
Rex
 Jim Roden met several years ago as he was having trouble witha CB radio on his wifes Corvett. Met with him and got a antenna for fiberglas cars and all was well. Yes I did work at Noris Ind in vernon as a Facilities engineer. Did a lot of plant layouts and automation. Designed the 1st all robotic machine line. Did some press work material handling. Sure was a dirty place to work. as far as Jim maybe I will look him up next month while Im in LLA. How do you know him?
 Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Rex Schimmer

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 12:26:00 PM »
Glen,
 Back in the early 80s (sure doesn't seem that long ago!) I had a race shop on Signal Hill, we were doing Mazda RX7s in IMSA GTU class, and Jim had a machine shop next door. We had him do alot of machining for us on our cars. I ran a guys sprint car for a couple of years at Ascot and Jim would help with that and he and I would ride motorcycles together alot. I also did a little design work for Jim on some stuff he made for the White Bros. motorcycle parts and I did some fabraciation for him on his sand rail. Haven't seen him in probably 10 years. I think that I meet you with Jim at El Mirage back in the 80s when Jim and I went out to one of the meets.

I did some work on some of the presses at Norris when I worked for Dynamic Machine in Huntington Park. Your right it was a dirty place but it was sure impressive when you walked into the "hall of presses"

You still go to El Mirage? I am going to try to make a couple of meets this year, I'll look you up if you still go to the lakes meets.

Rex
Rex

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »
Rex
 Contact me off line. I remember the shop, I came over a few times with Jim. Not sure what meets I will go to at the lakes but will be at Bonneville for sure
 My e-mail
 speedtimer@charter.net
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah