Author Topic: Engine Block in /PRO  (Read 2608 times)

Offline DCarr511

Engine Block in /PRO
« on: July 12, 2008, 12:10:43 AM »
Since it is stated that the Engine Block used must have been available in the Vehicle. In the case of the SBC Blocks, is a SB 400 considered a typical SBC Block or is it looked at seperatly ?

The question is in regards to using a production SB 400 in a 1988 Trans Am or Camaro. Or would one be limited to using a 305 ( ??? ) or a 350 block. And to bring it a step further ... Would an earlier 350 block be legal ... dip stick on left side instead of the stock location on the right side in 1988 ?

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Re: Engine Block in /PRO
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 01:35:44 AM »
Duane you're fine with any of the blocks you mentioned. You can even use a aftermarket block now, as long as it follows the same architecture as the "stock" block. This means material, deck height, bore centers, cam centerline, etc.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline DCarr511

Re: Engine Block in /PRO
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 12:04:50 PM »
Thank You for the response, I read pretty much the same as what you said in SCTA's rule book when I was looking for a class that I could fit into if I ever have the oppurtunity of running at Bonneville.

It sounds like I have the Basis set for my LSR project car.

Thanks again !
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:06:24 PM by DCarr511 »