Author Topic: Welcome to the LTA forum  (Read 78964 times)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
Re: Welcome to the LTA forum
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2009, 09:27:09 PM »
Hang in there, we are on it like a bum on a baloney sandwich....
 :cheers:

Thanks Bob,

I'm thinking of camping out this trip.  I hate leaving my trailer unattended, then again, I like long showers too.

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline Commuta_Busa

« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2009, 08:33:48 AM »
So I go to the new LTA web site http://lta-lsr.com/HOME.htm and LTA-LSR board brings me right back to this special place.  :cheers:

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2009, 11:45:50 AM »
Yeah, kinda simplifies matters, don't it ?
Makes it easy to procrastinate on finishing the website construction . LOL
Everybody involved in this has another parallel life,their first , and time spent on this is discretionary. Everything anyone needs to know will be made available in due time, and at this time I believe 90% of what you need to know is already known, unless you are a major newbie to LSR.
Jon SSS W offered this option (forum) to me, worked out nicely, I think.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify this connection 
 Another 2 ft plus of snow at Loring, I guess the C of F test is in July...
BOB W 

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2009, 02:41:46 PM »
LTA/09  Attendees,
I thought I'd just inform  everybody on these forums  that there are , according to the Caribou Inn people, 11 rooms currently left at our $88 discount rate, and a few Kings and suites for our weekend.  Those 88s are for any day including the weekend, and "are good for up to four people in a room" . I'd suggest even if you're not sure which days you are attending to reserve a room or two, you can always cancel. We are still working on improving our accommodations , even though this is a really good deal, and will very likely be the site of our poolside Salt Talks style "LSRendezvous" at least Saturday night.
We'd also recommend reserving Sun and Mon night, it might be a long weekend.
There are,according to the Caribou Inn people, about twenty rooms reserved by LTA attendees already in early March.
We also currently already have 14 pre registered racers , even though we have not started formally announced we are accepting  them.
Bob, Woodstock ?,  W

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2009, 05:27:20 PM »
Only 8 left now.

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2009, 09:01:49 PM »
I'll make another call up there this week. Considering  the website advertises 73 rooms and we of the LTA only reserved  around <30 at this time, that leaves 43 for ? . There is no local event besides us that weekend, and the only other things going on are reunions and Funerals. I will respectively skip the huge opportunity for levity at this point. Although I will educate those of the majority that live in non frozen winter ground areas. When someone passes in the dead of winter up there, they basically wait until the ground thaws for interment. So there is a spring funeral season and corresponding upsurge in room reservations .
I'm on it, the rooms ,that is.
BOB W ( will be cremated, packed in my chute, popped at the lights)

Offline entropy

« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2009, 05:21:37 AM »
TRN0BRN & I have our rooms reserved!

can't wait!  :-D

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2009, 06:50:08 PM »
I called the Caribou Inn regarding the "rooms left" deal . It was a misunderstanding, they have plenty rooms left. Some with King size beds, some suites with more beds, all at a discount. I'd still recommend reserving early to get a choice of smoking/Non, or preferences to floors (it's two floors), proximity to the lots or the pool or the bar, or just that piece of mind knowing you have a nice clean room after a long day of LSR .
As time goes by, we feel more and more comfortable up there, something  experienced   only in a smaller town than usual in our sport.
Bob W

Offline TRNorBRN6001

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2009, 10:16:54 PM »
Room closest to the Bar! :-D :-D :-D  :cheers:

Offline TerryW

• Speed Safe!!!!!!
    • Loring Air Force Base Landspeed Racing
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »
I just heard about this event. THANKS for putting it together. I have never gone Land Speed Racing, but have wanted to go to Bonneville to join the 130MPH Club (or make an attempt anyway) on my motorcycle for a few years now. Circumstances and finances have prevented it. Now, only a short 10 or 11 hour drive away, I hope to be able to make it to the inaugural event. Not to mention my fiancee has lived on Loring (her dad was stationed there) she is anxious to bring me there.  I'm new to the sport so go easy on me, but I anticipate building something to compete for records some time in the future. :cheers:

Offline entropy

« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2009, 04:25:36 PM »
I just heard about this event. THANKS for putting it together. I have never gone Land Speed Racing, but have wanted to go to Bonneville to join the 130MPH Club (or make an attempt anyway) on my motorcycle for a few years now. Circumstances and finances have prevented it. Now, only a short 10 or 11 hour drive away, I hope to be able to make it to the inaugural event. Not to mention my fiancee has lived on Loring (her dad was stationed there) she is anxious to bring me there.  I'm new to the sport so go easy on me, but I anticipate building something to compete for records some time in the future. :cheers:

Terry,
WAY cool that yr squeeze actually lived on the base; I betcha i am not alone in wanting to hear her stories over a beer or two...

Are you running a car or bike?

personal goal?

I am a bike guy but as long as you don't care who you are seen with, i'll buy beers!
karl

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2009, 06:51:27 PM »
. . .wanted to go to Bonneville to join the 130MPH Club (or make an attempt anyway) on my "motorcycle" . . .
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline TerryW

• Speed Safe!!!!!!
    • Loring Air Force Base Landspeed Racing
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2009, 10:36:10 PM »
You're on for the beer!!!! I will hopefully be riding my 92 Virago the 11 hour ride from the Upper Valley, VT, to Loring.  I will be there, Spectator or Participant. 

My fiancee was stationed there 78-82 and owns LoringAirForceBase.com  (http://www.loringairforcebase.com/ ) and will be posting links to this event on her site, probably tomorrow.  It has already been posted to the Loring Yahoo Group and to the Loring Ramp Rats site (42nd Security Police Squadron - includes Law Enforcement, K-9, Security Police, etc. - http://www.loringramprats.com . ) 

By the way, she says that The Rendezvous, the little pizza joint (with bar) outside the East Gate road is great.  It's a must-go whenever she's up there.

I'm looking forward to the 24 +/- hour ride on the bike!  Speed safe!

Offline entropy

« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2009, 01:18:03 AM »
You're on for the beer!!!! I will hopefully be riding my 92 Virago the 11 hour ride from the Upper Valley, VT, to Loring.  I will be there, Spectator or Participant. 

My fiancee was stationed there 78-82 and owns LoringAirForceBase.com  (http://www.loringairforcebase.com/ ) and will be posting links to this event on her site, probably tomorrow.  It has already been posted to the Loring Yahoo Group and to the Loring Ramp Rats site (42nd Security Police Squadron - includes Law Enforcement, K-9, Security Police, etc. - http://www.loringramprats.com . ) 

By the way, she says that The Rendezvous, the little pizza joint (with bar) outside the East Gate road is great.  It's a must-go whenever she's up there.

I'm looking forward to the 24 +/- hour ride on the bike!  Speed safe!

allright!!!!

Beers at the Rendezvous!!!!

Offline TRNorBRN6001

« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2009, 09:14:52 AM »
TFA loves good eats!!!!