Author Topic: Welcome to the LTA forum  (Read 78961 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: Welcome to the LTA forum
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2009, 03:38:30 PM »
John
The best part about you and the Blue Bird rally is that some of the rally folks set up on the return road with a chalk board and hold it up with the speed displayed as you come by.
Hope they going to do it again this year ...
Joe

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2009, 04:45:17 PM »
John
The best part about you and the Blue Bird rally is that some of the rally folks set up on the return road with a chalk board and hold it up with the speed displayed as you come by.
Joe

The chalkboard speeds right at the end is definitely nice just so long as they "contain" the kids!  :evil: Nothing will scare the beejeeses out of you more then a kid darting out from behind a BIG motorhome on a bike when you least expect it :-o especially if you're rolling while adjusting the after race things (and checking the GPS!  :-D )

It will be great to see the wabbit & co up there! Just like a little piece of home! ;)
Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline iamflagman

• Wild Hare Racing
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »
John
Joe

The chalkboard speeds right at the end is definitely nice just so long as they "contain" the kids!  :evil: Nothing will scare the beejeeses out of you more then a kid darting out from behind a BIG motorhome on a bike when you least expect it :-o especially if you're rolling while adjusting the after race things (and checking the GPS!  :-D )

It will be great to see the wabbit & co up there! Just like a little piece of home! ;)
Debbie

I will try to remember to bring the chalkboard and chalk and the bicycle terrorist has been warned, but of course he was warned before the last time, so we may have to be a little more FIRM this time, by not allowing the bicycle. They may show up at Maxton but I'd be surprised if they come to Loring, as they live in Arkansas.
JOHN FINN
HOPKINS, SC
1984 VW RABBIT GTI
16V SCIROCCO CONVERSION
G/GSS LAND SPEED RACER
SM SCCA TT / AUTOCROSS
Check out my "WILD HARE RACING" Land Speed Racing Rabbit album at;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/wild_hare_racing_land_speed_racing_rabbit
EAST COAST TIMING ASSOCIATION
I MAY BE GETTING OLDER.............BUT I REFUSE TO GROW UP!!
Shhhh........be vewy, vewy quiet........we are wacing a wabbit!!!!

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2009, 06:43:13 PM »
Fortunately, I did not encounter the bicycle ... the board posted speeds were cool.

Joe

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2009, 08:03:46 PM »
Hehehe

We always have a chalk board & chalk as well as a white board with markers in our trailer for posting important speeds! If our trailer makes the trip up anyone is welcome to borrow them for such use! I used to do that job way back when, you know, when I had nothing better to do at the track! I think I remember those days!  :?   LOL

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

LVMAXX

« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2009, 09:41:11 AM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:02:05 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2009, 11:18:52 PM »
Don't stop posting here, 27 more is 10 K views !!! Izzat a record, SSS ?
What was your question ?

BOB W

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2009, 01:54:12 PM »
It sure is a record, Bob.  This is the first time in the history of the known universe that the "Welcome to the LTA forum" has received over 10,000 page views.

I offer my hearty corngratulations and best wishes for a successful afternoon.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2009, 08:31:14 PM »
Check out... http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/7772641.jpg
The best map of The Runways at Loring. Print out the following to get a guided tour.

In case whoever gets this hasn't seen the facility in Limestone, Maine, here's the best shot I've yet seen . It was taken by a local flyboy from Caribou, a few miles West of there. The Maine (pun) runway is on the extreme right, will be run south to north. It is 300 ft wide by a total paved area of over 14000 ft long. We will initially utilize that 1,000 ft concrete pad for the start, followed by the next app. 7000 ft of asphalt for a total of one and one half miles, or 7920 ft total,  to the 132 ft  traps. This is followed by another over app  5000 ft  for  deceleration, Shut Down. Looking at the map, half way between the second and third bisecting at right angle
connecting roads is about where the traps will be. About 1000 ft beyond is the initial return road access left ,or Short Shut Down,  available to vehicles that can negotiate the turn if their speed is slow enough, due to great brakes or lower initial trap speeds.We expect the more utilized exit will be the next, Long Shut Down, encountered after the concrete pad at practically the north end, with an obviously also left turn to the Return road. Whether using either the Short or Long accesses , proceed to the farthest West runway to return to either the pits or the Start/Staging area. The center runway is Off Limits to everybody, as the DEC/EPA is currently utilizing it for their specific purposes. I believe we can cross over it from the Short access to the far left (West) and just keep right from the Long Shut down to get to the Return Road.
That large paved rectangle to the left ( West)  of the Concrete is our pit area, and out of sight to the south and right is staging. We will finalize the return process after consultation with the Loring Development Corp. 
We, the LTA, would  appreciate it if all participants would stay to the road we mark out and designate for entrance/exit to our areas only, as that is what our  Insurance covers. It is also what our hosts, the Loring Development Corp, the Limestone PD and FD , and  the Maine Inland Wildlife request of us.
So far they all have been more than gracious in allowing our presence on this setting so perfect for our needs.
For more specific info, the LDA site is   http://www.loring.org/lda_home.asp
Bob Wanner,   Just one of the A's in Loring Timing Association
My Car... http://www.ecta-lsr.com/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=0&pos=27
Going to LTA/09

Offline entropy

« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2009, 08:14:25 AM »
Check out... http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/7772641.jpg
NICE pic of the track, thanks!

My Car... http://www.ecta-lsr.com/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=0&pos=27
Going to LTA/09

dang, what motor do you have in that nice Kawasaki green eco-car to get you to 160mph???

what are you hoping for in 1.5mi??

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 02:01:40 PM by entropy »

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »
Can't wait.  Bob, is the Caribou Inn and Convention center the place to stay?

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2009, 07:59:21 PM »
 "The Caribou Inn and Convention center" is indeed the place to stay. Just today we made preliminary arrangements for a LTA Racers discount there.  I'll get the particulars and relay them here next week.
My car is a "Citrus Green" 2000 Honda Insight Turbo'd two liter V-Tec. Has gone officially 177 at ECTA, 197 unofficially at a remote private facility (w/0 second gear).
It should do considerably better in Maine. 

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »
So - what's the "racer discount" -- down 10% followed by up 20%?  Just wondering...

Oh, wait -- I'm thinking of Wendover.  In Maine they'll be more likely to treat the racers right, right?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »
Of course right.  I'll book the room as soon as I hear the discount.
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline WildBro

« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2009, 08:41:09 PM »
Of course right.  I'll book the room as soon as I hear the discount.

Us too.

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas