Author Topic: Welcome to the LTA forum  (Read 78966 times)

LVMAXX

Re: Welcome to the LTA forum
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:09:19 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »

Q)"I take it Aug 1 and 2 are cast in stone now?

A) Definitely probably. We don't have any options as previously outlined due to other LSR dates and our "Threatened" resident nesting Bird.

Q) Is there such a thing as an unprofessional firefighter?

A) The Fire Service up there consists of many levels, from pure Volunteer , through EMT only, to  fully trained Firefighter . We got the pros now.

Q)(meant to be a rhetorical question). If there is they can be the Assistant Site Safety and Health Officer "

A)Only if you carry around your acronym on a sandwich board. With no pants.   

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2009, 03:53:27 PM »
Bob, what if don't have a sandwich board with no pants?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2009, 04:10:31 PM »
Jon,

Now there's a question for the ages. Or actually, aged...... Glen ?
Officially, I'd highly recommend NOT going commando up there, one of those legendary North Maine B-52-ish Black Flies might mistake you for a winged Albino thing and have it's way with you.
Was that your question ? Does everybody not "aged" know what a sandwich board is ?
Is there a SSS porta potty joke in here someplace ? Tune in for the next episode....

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2009, 06:27:30 PM »
Besides me and my torn up machine, how many of you fast bikes will be there?
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline TRNorBRN6001

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2009, 06:57:08 PM »
Hope to see you running 240mph Mr. Caputo!

I don't know about fast, but the three from Texas will be Entropy, JohnnyCheese, and myself. Maybe more to come.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2009, 08:31:23 PM »
3 Harleys from Long Island will be there ... Joe

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »
Hope to see you running 240mph Mr. Caputo!

I don't know about fast, but the three from Texas will be Entropy, JohnnyCheese, and myself. Maybe more to come.

Mr. Caputo??? You must be talking about my Dad and 240 is still a long way off.  I'd be happy to bust the 230mark first.
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2009, 10:23:49 AM »
Bob, there is a lot of discussin about what distance you are going to run. Could you please let us know? Everyone is hoping that you will run 1.5 miles. There are already two places that run a mile on pavement. I have talked to some of the Texas guys and they probably arent going to make such a long drive to run another mile venue. In my opinion you would have a much better turnout if you run the 1.5 mile. Just my 2 cents worth.  Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2009, 10:30:26 AM »
I agree. Looking long term, assuming this is going to be an annual event, mile and a half gives it a unique identity. This has the potential to be a must do yearly event for a lot of racers instead a 6th one mile date for the east coast.

Joe

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2009, 10:36:15 AM »
Your Quote; "You guys on the coasts seem to have all the fun... don't worry Carl, after the "big one" your venue will be on the coast too".

Refers to ? The LSR Event Here In Lovelock?  Haven't heard a word locally on this, but, who am I?

LVM, sorry to take so long to answer.... the big one... you know, the one that makes ocean front property in Arizona... while it is serious stuff if you live in CA, it is just fun for the rest of us.... until it happens  :|
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »
I just posted this on the "Dates" thread. A lot pertains here. ie One and a half miles, at least, and.........
  Re: date
« Reply #44 on: Today at 03:38:22 PM » Quote Modify 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The accelerating surface at Loring is over 90% asphalt, only the first 1000 ft is concrete. Better news for tires, not so much for the ideal traction  of 100% concrete. Like somebody else commented, it's like a very wide straight older asphalt country road.
Every vehicle will be considered according to it's Safety equipt, it's speed potential, and the drivers' experience. It's everybody's first event there, and Safety will be the first, second, and third consideration. I will be a major PIA on this.   We all go 25 mph faster @ a time, one increment  per run. The only considerations will be to current SCTA/ECTA Comp licenses, but the rookie run  policy will apply. I'd recommend serious inspection of the brake system, practicing using BHP for deceleration, (usually not so much used in LSR), appropriate laundry for a longer faster course (cars) , and a stock of fresh readily available underwear if all the former doesn't provide prompt access to the return road.
After the pavement ceases, it's sandy soil, then Canada.
JON !!!... Really gonna miss NANCY, and you. All that could go rong, date-wise, went rong with our first event. Next event you can do a "LTALKs" up here.  We will get somebody to post daily updates to this site, I promise.
We got a cadre of Great Volunteers, car and Bike techs from up this way, I'm very happy. Hope to have some very state of the  Art Timing equipt, and our tin cans Commo got fresh strings !!! lol, relax.
Bob W LTA Tour Guide 

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2009, 06:05:31 PM »
Bob ... A mile and a half is going to be great .... looking forward to this one ... Joe

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 06:17:35 PM »
Wish it wasn't so far from Texas, and so close to Speedweek. The biggest thing is so close to Spreedweek. I would love to run 1.5 mi and have a mile shutdown.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2009, 07:21:47 PM »
We all go 25 mph faster @ a time, one increment  per run. The only considerations will be to current SCTA/ECTA Comp licenses, but the rookie run  policy will apply.

Bob,
 What is the rookie run policy to which you refer?
Thanks!
Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol: