Author Topic: Welcome to the LTA forum  (Read 78957 times)

Offline Bob Wanner

Re: Welcome to the LTA forum
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
WAGM TV, and I requested a copy to send out to this site and others. I'm guessing maybe they are not through showing it, like an extended run due to popular demand ? Yeah, right. When I get it,you got it. See Ya in October...
Bob W

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 08:04:14 PM »
Bob,
Glad it well ... I have 2 more entrants lined up for the Loring meet next year ... Joe

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2008, 08:04:14 PM »
Here's a link to an article posted in todays Bangor Daily news from our August 16th visit.
http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/49551.html

Offline half-fast

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2008, 09:11:04 PM »
Bob, etal,

A very nice write up, well done. Bob I am in Hopewell Junction, up the road from you.

Lloyd

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2008, 09:02:12 PM »
One of the members on the HAMB site posted the news article, here it is again along with member comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCfVAsA7R3g
Also have a You tube  video supplied by WAGM taken on our visit. For what ever reason they clipped off the very beginning and end, but I think everyone will get a taste of the place. I'm also slowly editing a video I took, mostly of BJs #133 
Enjoy !
BOB W

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »
somehow lost that HAMB link in transition,here it is ( I hope)
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3072942#post3072942
BOB W

Offline TRNorBRN6001

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2008, 02:32:58 PM »
just curious how the dates are coming?

Thanks,

Gary

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2008, 06:37:47 PM »
We are deciding, based on information currently being gathered , what dates would be the best concession to allow the most participants. Between the Bird Refuge conflict, and 2009's schedule of events being held by long established LSR organizations, we are really squeezed. We have a few options we are exploring, and should have which weekend posted in a few weeks. We will set up a discounted preregistration arrangement to gauge participant attendance at that time, with accompanying event info.
Everyone should have the opportunity to attempt to create a new LSR site, it would really give you a renewed respect for the continuing efforts of the likes ECTA and SCTA.
BOBW...whining

Offline TRNorBRN6001

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2008, 08:03:40 PM »
Thank you very much Mr. Wanner, your awesome! I'll see if I can't scrounge up some people to come up there. I know one person in Cannada and his dad that will make it, plus maybe a couple people from DC and maybe a nut or two from Texas.

PS: I like cone duty!

PSS: BBQ and Tex-Mex of course!!!!

Thank you much again,

Gary Dow

Offline half-fast

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2008, 01:25:03 PM »
Bob,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, and good talking to you at Maxton, thanks for sharing all the info! Let us all know how it goes, and if there is anything to help with.

Lloyd

We are deciding, based on information currently being gathered , what dates would be the best concession to allow the most participants. Between the Bird Refuge conflict, and 2009's schedule of events being held by long established LSR organizations, we are really squeezed. We have a few options we are exploring, and should have which weekend posted in a few weeks. We will set up a discounted preregistration arrangement to gauge participant attendance at that time, with accompanying event info.
Everyone should have the opportunity to attempt to create a new LSR site, it would really give you a renewed respect for the continuing efforts of the likes ECTA and SCTA.
BOBW...whining

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2009, 12:07:31 PM »
Would love to take the new "Tiger" up there.  But did I understand you correctly when you said you DO NOT have emergency vehicles on course?

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2009, 07:42:03 PM »
"Would love to take the new "Tiger" up there.  But did I understand you correctly when you said you DO NOT have emergency vehicles on course?"

Guy

Actually, we recently upgraded our safety coverage to two Professional Firefighters, a fire truck w/auto extrication equipt and Foam, and an Ambulance.

Bob W   

Offline half-fast

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2009, 09:49:21 AM »
Actually, we recently upgraded our safety coverage to two Professional Firefighters, a fire truck w/auto extrication equipt and Foam, and an Ambulance.

Bob W   

Bob W.

I take it Aug 1 and 2 are cast in stone now? Is there such a thing as an unprofessional firefighter? (meant to be a rhetorical question). If there is they can be the Assistant Site Safety and Health Officer........

Guy hope to see you there!

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2009, 09:57:41 AM »
Loring in August is now on the schedule.
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2009, 11:06:56 AM »
Loring in August is now on the schedule.

First of August, that is a good time at Loring.... just about the middle of spring and just before fall if I remember right  :roll:  Seems every time I was up there it was during the winter....  :|
This should be a great venue, wish it was in middle America, you guys on the coasts seem to have all the fun... don't worry Carl, after the "big one" your venue will be on the coast too  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O