Author Topic: Welcome to the LTA forum  (Read 78968 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: Welcome to the LTA forum
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »
I wouldnt take exception to Debbie Dross, John Noonan or Guy Caputo touring the track first and then making a wide open pass over 200. I wouldn't do it personally because I wouldn't feel comfortable. I guess it all about comfort level.
Joe

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2009, 02:57:31 PM »
Well thanks for the vote of confidence but I tend to be a 175mph shaker outer myself! LOL Maybe a little more with an extra 1/2 mile! ;) Hopefully the restrictions won't be too oppressive because obsessively staring at the tach to keep within the boundaries sort of defeats the purpose of getting a feel for the track! But like Guy said, what ever the powers that be are comfortable with is what we will do. We all like to push the limits but most of us do try to stay within the rules!  :wink:

Oh, and speaking of rules I was wondering a few more things...
1) Will you allow running up in engine class like at Maxton or keep it to base class like SCTA?
2) Will there be a 200 mph club & if so will it be the typical set a record rule or just running 200 mph + like TX?

We all have to start making our classification plans now that we know the date!  :-D

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »
Boys boys, you are both my heros.  Just wanted you to both know that.

guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2009, 03:31:40 PM »
Oh boy, I missed adding Scott Guthrie and Jason McVicars to the list ... my apology Scott / Jason .... you are both certainly capable of touring any course and then going 200 first pass ... Joe

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »
OK Kids, the LTA has given us the opportunity to do something no where else can offer, a 1.5 mile run on pavement.  While we joke  :roll: and banter back and forth at each other remember this is an opportunity to be the fastest most of us will ever go.  As I said earlier in this thread, I hope they offer both the mile and the 1.5, that way there might be a comparison.  
No one should ever go faster than their comfort level and since this is a new track, no one knows what that is until August.  It is a long time to race day kids.  The LTA is way ahead at this point, let's give them the chance to have a successful and safe meet.  
Maybe a couple of you guys should settle your differences on the race track... safely of course.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2009, 03:45:13 PM »
SS,
The most exciting aspect of the inaugural LTA event is the mile and a half ... this is a unique venue and every record will be unique. I am hoping that there is a significant turnout for this because just about every pass will be a new record in a new meet / location / distance ... Joe

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2009, 06:22:31 PM »
Joe,

I think you are correct... In each class that has an entrant, the fastest run of the meet in each class will in fact hold the new 1.5 mile paved LTA record ?? 

Charles

ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2009, 06:25:02 PM »
That place will be so fast ! ! ! Hold on Boys and Girls  :cheers:

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2009, 06:46:43 PM »
You can race gas, set a record, then if you pay the fee again you can set a record in fuel just by removing the seal. Set 2 records if you are the only entrant.

Joe

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2009, 07:03:58 PM »
"Oh, and speaking of rules I was wondering a few more things...
1) Will you allow running up in engine class like at Maxton or keep it to base class like SCTA?
2) Will there be a 200 mph club & if so will it be the typical set a record rule or just running 200 mph + like TX?

We all have to start making our classification plans now that we know the date! 

Debbie"

Can't give you a definitive on 1). yet, Debbonator, I've got to discuss it with the other "A" in LTA.
As for 2). Yes, there will be a LTA 200 MPH Club, final actual title and requirements also under advisement. Might even have a 300 club, just in case.   
Bob W

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2009, 08:07:40 PM »
Thanks Bob! Please let us know when you decide.
Remember, class jumps are a good money maker for a new venue!  :wink:

Debbie

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2009, 01:27:12 AM »
Yeah Deb that will be cool when a 50cc YSR runs in the APS UF (Altered Partial Streamlined UNLIMITED Fuel) class and sets a record at 55mph..I am sure the holder will be real proud.. :roll:

Make it like real racing..

Awe never mind. just get the money... :cheers:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2009, 07:42:59 AM »
See that's the beauty of a new venue, they can set the rules the way that they will work best for the organization to thrive and grow.
If that scenario is an undesirable outcome then they can choose to allow class jumping by CC but limit it to one or two steps.
This way the 50cc bike would be eligible to run 50cc, 100cc & 125cc only. I think a solution like that gives the best of both worlds.
I have great respect for the way the SCTA runs their classes but at the same time, if a 50cc vehicle can run faster then a 125cc
vehicle then the 125cc vehicle needs to work a little harder! I don't see the harm in CC jumping.

The ECTA would not have survived financially had it not allowed class jumping in the beginning. Many people are eager to run LTA
and see it successful but the organization has to consider if the many people that will show up will net enough money to at the very
least break even. Unless of course Mr Noonan plans to financially support the venue so it will run they way he thinks it should!   :-P

Debbie

Offline Commuta_Busa

« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2009, 08:37:12 AM »
I agree with Deb  :cheers: cc jumps of 1-2 classes should really help get things started. All though I would not want to see a 50cc unfaired bike running in a streamliner class. Of course alot of us are focused on bikes and I don't know how things would effect the 4 wheel folks. :? Some input from them would be good too.

As everyone else agrees I think we all just want the opportunity to run 1.5 miles and will be satisfied with most if not all of the decisions the LTA prescribes.  :-D

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2009, 08:38:20 AM »
Debbie...now, now, not you too.  Lets keep the sarcasm to a minimum.  It's not lady-like and you know how I am one of your minions dedicated to keeping you safe from harm.

All hail the Cone Queen :-D :-D :-D

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing