Author Topic: Rule 3.I Page 24 Fuel Systems  (Read 11838 times)

Offline RichFox

Re: Rule 3.I Page 24 Fuel Systems
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 07:37:45 PM »
I don't ever think about a car with out a clutch. But Miler Mike explaned to me that his car, the Creel lakester, didn't need a flywheel blow shield because it has an automatic. And it has also been explained to me that cars with motorcycle engines are allowed to disregard rules concerning the plane of the flywheel. This is because no motorcycle engined car has blown a flywheel at Bonneville in the memory of anyone. Nor has any Packard powered car blown a flywheel at Bonneville in the memory of anyone I have asked. But I still need a scattershield. Dosn't seem fair.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »
Has a Packard-powered vehicle turned a flywheel at Bonneville?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2008, 06:18:01 PM »
As I remember Rich's Packard powered Vega that appeared in these forums would qualify.

Pete

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »
I didn't remember that it ran -- I think -- at USFRA, without him.  I looked forward to seeing it, as well as his articles in the BRN.  Meant no disrespect.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 06:50:47 PM »
last I heard he was planning the USFRA or WF depending on weather etc. New car bugs and crew last year
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline RichFox

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 07:31:21 PM »
The car was there and did make a few passes. To say I was dissapointed in the effort extended by the guys I sent out with the car, would be an understatement. However I am planning WoS again this year with the same crew. The trip is just a little to hard for me at this point. Hopefully I won't hear anything like "It's low on brake fluid, we are comming home" this year. Or the dreaded "I didn't want to buzz a new motor past 3000." I kid you not. He did go 110 mph